Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
roadrunner255
Aspirant
Aspirant

Prior to the October update I would receive a notification from the doorbell or any of my camera', click on the notification (Android phone) and get brought to the library to view the last 7 days of camera alerts.

I still get alert videos from the 3 camera' but no longer from the AVD2001 doorbell.

All stored locally on my Arlo base station to USB.

Upon ejecting the USB drive I do see the doorbell videos, just no seeing them in any longer in the library.

Support please provide an update, I verified this in my Case Number: 43770086.

8 REPLIES 8
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Can you check if the doorbell has a paid subscription, likely the trial subscription has expired.

roadrunner255
Aspirant
Aspirant

Never had a paid subscription, the doorbell was alerting and providing video in the library (via local base station and USB) for over a year.

It stopped providing video in the library after the 10.27 update, and still not working after the 11/3 update.

Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@roadrunner255 wrote:

Never had a paid subscription, the doorbell was alerting and providing video in the library (via local base station and USB) for over a year.

It stopped providing video in the library after the 10.27 update, and still not working after the 11/3 update.

But the videos are on the USB drive, so this must be an access issue.

What model are your other cameras?

roadrunner255
Aspirant
Aspirant

older camera' work as designed, I get a notification, and I see video from the cams in the library but when I receive a notification from the doorbell when I select the notification it brings me to the app and no videos from the doorbell are in the app.

When I remove the USB drive, I do see the doorbell videos.

This happened after the 4.9.3_28605 update that happened the end of October.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The base station backs up the triggered recordings to the USB.

The arlo app will only show the recordings from arlo cloud storage in the library page.

The doorbell requires a paid subscription plan after the trial subscription expires to let you see recordings in the cloud library.

To prove, start a live view of the doorbell and make a manual recording that shows in the app library. If not then the doorbell needs a paid subscription.

The other cameras that show recordings in the library are likely pro2 or earlier model cameras that were bundled with the free 7days cloud storage service that ended after the pro2.

roadrunner255
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried your suggestion and I don't see anything in the library for the doorbell.

I purchased the Doorbell end of July, does the cloud account get automatically created because I don't see anything related to the cloud account in my online My Arlo and I never created a cloud account.

Support recommends that I remove all my devices and recreate everything.

Not sure if I want to go thru setting everything up again as well as my scheduled modes for all 3 older cameras.

I didn't see any options for backing up your modes.

Strange how this issue began 90 days after doorbell installation (unless you get a 90 day free cloud sub) and the October update of the app.

I thought the 7 day cloud trial was going away for the cameras?

So even though I have the camera'/doorbell set to save video locally the video' at least for the camera' is still going to the cloud?

Is that why when using the My Arlo app I can see 7 days of videos from the camera' that the video' are from the cloud?

Thanks

roadrunner255
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe this answers my question.

I think if folks understood that when you purchase a new Arlo product now, in order to see your video alerts in the library (after your free trial period) you must pay for a subscription even though when you set the system up to store locally.

If I had know this I would not have purchased the doorbell.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Secure/Add-Doorbell-to-Free-7-day-cloud-system/td-p/1862132?cid=a...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@roadrunner255 wrote:

I purchased the Doorbell end of July, does the cloud account get automatically created because I don't see anything related to the cloud account in my online My Arlo and I never created a cloud account.

The Arlo cloud uses your account credentials, so it is not a separate account.

Pro 2 (and other legacy cameras) were sold with free 7-day cloud storage, and that continues even after the end of life.

Arlo stopped offering free 7-day cloud storage on new camera models back in 2018, and all currently sold cameras (including all the video doorbell models) require a subscription to get any cloud storage. 

When you first onboarded the doorbell, you were automatically opted into a trial subscription, so you could see the doorbell cloud recordings.  But now that the trial is over, you will only get locally stored recordings.

If you happen to have a VMB4540 or VMB5000 smarthub - both of those models support direct access to local storage.  There are lots of limitations, but some folks do use this instead of a subscription.

But if you have the VMB4000 or VMB4500, they support recording, but do not support playback.  The only way to see the recordings is to eject the storage and connect it to a PC.

If you aren't sure what hub model you have, look for a VMBxxxx label on it.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation