Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
xb224
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have a new AVD2001 door bell. I plug it in, scan the QR code. The doorbell associates successfully, and dumping the traffic on the network, I can see it connecting to registration.arloxcld.com successfully. However, the iOS app cannot find the doorbell, despite being able to ping the doorbell's IP address from the phone (they are on the same network). I checked the online checklist for troubleshooting--everything is correct and no issues.

I have tried resetting the device--this didn't help. I contacted support but I cannot reply as the support server raises an error when I reply. The steps support suggested are below and had no effect.

I tried calling support but each time the phone disconnects. I am in the UK.

Any suggestions?

Wi-Fi network frequency should be changed to 2.4 Ghz only

The wifi network is 2.4G only

If network uses dual banding with 5 Ghz it should be switched off or you can rename the 2.4 Ghz band to split them

It is single band, only 2.4G. As stated before, the doorbell associates with the access point no problem, it is able to send/receive internet traffic.

VPN or Wi-Fi assist should be switched off on your phone or your network

There is no VPN or Wifi assist/WPS.

If there is Wi-Fi 6 enabled on your router/modem settings it should be turned OFF

wifi 6 is not enabled, I can see that the doorbell associates using wifi4.

Ports 123, 443 and 80 must be open.

They are open; as I mentioned, the doorbell is able to exchange data with registration.arlo.com.

Wi-Fi should be on channels 1, 6 or 11.

It is on channel 11.

Only Internet Protocol IPV4 should be used.
    DHCP must be enabled.

Both of these are true, the doorbell gets a valid IPv4 address and is able to send/receive packets with the internet.

Arlo must be authorized in the Firewall protocols (ignore this point if you don't use firewall).

Arlo is authorized.

Mac filtering must be disabled on your router.

No MAC filters are used.

WPA2AES wireless encryption must be configured (cameras will not work with WPA3 encryption).

WPA2 AES is enabled and used. The doorbell is able to access the internet.

Check if there are no special characters in the Wi-Fi name and password (", ', /, etc.), only numbers and letters.

That is also true.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try disabling cell service to force only WiFi connections. If all fails, a swap at the store would be your fastest possible solution.

xb224
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.

I am unable to return the doorbell, as it was provided to me as part of a study that is being done into the effect of Arlo video doorbells on crime--no contact details have been provided to return the device for replacement.

Is there any other way of resolving this? The device appears to be operating just fine itself--I can see traffic going into the device and out of it, just the iOS app cannot locate it. Is there some way I can provide the local IP address to the Arlo Secure app so I can enroll it that way?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@xb224 wrote:

Is there any other way of resolving this? The device appears to be operating just fine itself--I can see traffic going into the device and out of it, just the iOS app cannot locate it. Is there some way I can provide the local IP address to the Arlo Secure app so I can enroll it that way?

One thing you could try is 

1. turning off the wifi in your router
  2. set up a hotspot in the iphone that has the same network name and password

Then see if you can onboard the doorbell.

If it does work, then turn the wifi in the router back on, and turn off the hotspot.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation