Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
alienbeing
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I was excited to see that the doorbell was finally enabled by Arlo to connect to my smart hub and not to wifi. Which was how I expected it to work when I bought it originally.
So I went to set it up per the instructions, but it does not work. I am stuck in a loop:

-remove doorbell

-add doorbell

-select to connect to smart hub, get message saying firmware needs updating, so connect to wifi

-connect to wifi, looks for updates (unclear if it updates anything FYI current firmware: 1.5.0.0_688_d393ec1_159a075)

- then it tries to connect to hub again and fails, the hub cannot connect

- then repeat

Does anyone PLEASE have any idea how to escape this cycle? 🙂

Cheers!

6 REPLIES 6
alienbeing
Aspirant
Aspirant

PS I did try factory resetting the doorbell as well, no change in behavior.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

According to https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell-Wire-Free-AVD2001... the latest firmware for theAVD2001 is 1.4.1.0. You sure you're looking at the right device?

alienbeing
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much! That's an interesting point as my device info clearly states 1.5.0.0... for my AVD2001Aer1.2 (was going to attach a screenshot but my devices are not talking to each other right now).

And obviously I cannot choose which firmware version to download as it is automatic. Maybe there is a new version out there that should not be, or not announced yet??

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There was some confusion about this firmware release. I've verified with the team that 1.5.0.0_688_d393ec1_159a075 is the current version for AVD2001 and have updated the release notes page to reflect this version.

alienbeing,

If you've removed the doorbell but you're still experiencing issues resyncing, I recommend making sure the battery is fully charged, factory reset and then try again. It sounds like the factory reset may not have completed successfully, be sure to follow the steps here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

JamesC

alienbeing
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, thanks very much will try that and provide feedback, cheers!

alienbeing
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I tried this a couple of times, battery showing 100%, but it still would not connect to the smart hub, so back on wifi for now. Open to other ideas!

Cheers!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation