Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Essential Doorbell battery low notifications

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
HonestFeedbacke
Follower
Follower

Hi there - I have been receiving push notification AND an email every few minutes since the middle of the night advising the battery power on my doorbell is low. How do I stop these emails and constant notifications? Cannot find anything online or in the app. Please help - it's draining my mobile battery not to mention a disturbance.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@HonestFeedbacke wrote:

Hi there - I have been receiving push notification AND an email every few minutes since the middle of the night advising the battery power on my doorbell is low. How do I stop these emails and constant notifications? Cannot find anything online or in the app. Please help - it's draining my mobile battery not to mention a disturbance.

As far as the battery goes, you can connect the doorbell to low-voltage AC power to keep it charged.  This includes using existing doorbell wiring (though you might need to replace or add the transformer) or getting a standalone AC power adapter that plugs into the wall.

Otherwise, you just need to regularly charge up the battery.

You can also adjust the motion sensitivity of the doorbell.  Move around in the area of interest, and use the motion detection test to find the lowest threshold that reliably detects you.  Then set the threshold in the camera rule(s) to something slightly above that threshold.

This might not be enough - since the doorbell can't be aimed, it is sometimes not possible to prevent notifications from street traffic, while still getting detection of people approaching the door.  But still worth trying.

If you are just wanting alerts when packages arrive, or when people come to the door (not caring about the security aspects), then you can also set up a schedule to disarm the doorbell for parts of the day.  That will also reduce the battery drain.  You'd still get calls if someone rings the doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation