Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
antita
Tutor
Tutor

Is it planned to make this compatible with the smarthub.. if so when?

there wasn't (and still isn't) anything on the product webpage suggesting that it wouldn't be compatible when I bought the camera, and now I'm coming to the end of the free trial there is no way to locally record video, which is extremely poor given the cost of the devices. I certainly couldn't recommend this to anyone without this functionality.

30 REPLIES 30
ivass
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB4000 and can view all motion triggered videos from my cameras on my phone under "Library". Under each camera/device section it shows the number of new videos as they are saved. For the ADV2001 however, connected to the VMB4000, the number of new videos remains "0" and no videos can be seen in the library either. I was told that when the new functionality for the ADV2001 to connect to the VMB4000 is available, I will be able to use the door bell as all of my other Arlo Pro 2 cameras + as a door bell. Is this not the case?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ivass,

The library you're viewing is content stored within the Arlo cloud. Pro 2 cameras allow for 7 days of cloud storage without a subscription. AVD2001 does not allow for free cloud storage, you must have a subscription to Arlo Secure for content to be saved to the cloud.

Syncing your doorbell to your base station or smart hub does allow for local storage backup. With a vmb4000 base station, local storage cannot be viewed from the Arlo mobile app, you need to eject the storage device and insert it into a PC to view the content.

JamesC

ivass
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I don't have any subscription and had the expectation that my door bell will work as my other cameras, but it clearly does not. I will look for another solution .... 

antita
Tutor
Tutor

So have rebooted my base station again. this time it didn't lose the association with the doorbell, and I am now getting locally recorded videos, so all is now good 🙂

antita
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same problem the first time I rebooted the hub. I then rebooted the base station after a couple of days of having the camera connected and now everything works. Don't know if it is because it was the second time I rebooted the hub after the camera was connected, whether it was having the camera connected for a couple of days before rebooting the hub, or something else, but all is now working for me

antita
Tutor
Tutor

HI James,

I've rebooted the hub a second time after leaving the doorbell connected for a couple of days and everything now seems to be working 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation