Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Simonwpb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a Pro 5S camera to add to my home system, but when I went to add the device it said I had to upgrade my software. However when I start the software upgrade I get a message that says that my existing chime for my wireless video doorbell is not compatible, and there is no firmware update available. So, I did not upgrade.

Does this mean in order to use the new camera my doorbell chime will stop working if I upgrade to from Arlo software version 4.4

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not convinced that message is always correct. I saw it when I decided to migrate my account but it didn't always occur when I tried it again (just kinda testing the process to see what errors I might run into). Both my Chime and Chime 2 work fine on the new UI so I'd say the message is in error.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The message is not in error. Some features for the Chime 2 may not or will not work correctly when migrating to the new 4.x interface, specifically, cross triggering from a camera to the chime. Future firmware updates will allow for this but I do not have an ETA for full compatibility at the moment.

JamesC

Simonwpb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I will hold off updating my software for now.

Psylence
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi may I know if this is fixed already? Been almost 6 months now. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation