Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Carioca88
Apprentice
Apprentice
My doorbell was working well. Until it stopped.
I deleted the device from the app (big mistake). and now, I can’t get it to set up.
I’ve been an Arlo user before it was even Arlo. So I know how the system works.
I believe that issue is being caused by the fact that Orbi, runs on use 5 GHz.
Is there a way to connect without having to change my Orbi configuration to 2.4 temporarily to avoid disconnecting the 20 devices that are connected to my network? Many thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Carioca88 wrote:

I believe that issue is being caused by the fact that Orbi, runs on use 5 GHz.

Orbi provides both 2.4 gHz and 5 gHz.  Unfortunately Netgear doesn't give you a way to turn 5 gHz off.  But I do use Orbi also, and my doorbells have connected ok anyway.

How far into the process are you getting before it fails?

Carioca88
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for answering. I don’t remember having issues or having to change my Orbi configuration when I first set it up.
The issue that I’m having starts when it asks me to make sure my Iphone is connected to 2.4. And the phone does not give you the choice. So I get the searching beach ball, and it fails.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Carioca88 wrote:
The issue that I’m having starts when it asks me to make sure my Iphone is connected to 2.4. And the phone does not give you the choice.

That prompt is annoying, since it is impossible to do with an Orbi (and most other mesh routers).

You might try turning off the satellites and see if that helps.

A more extreme approach is to turn off the router and create a phone hotspot that uses the same credentials.  Then try onboarding to the hotspot.  Afters turn off the hotspot and turn Orbi back on.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation