Video doorbell 2nd gen not able to add device in app

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Karlosblanco
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo camera system with a VMB4000r3 base station in the UK. I’m in the USA on a work trip and I spotted the Arlo Video Doorbell 2nd Gen in Walmart. AVD3001-WMNAS. I’ve bought one thinking it would be easy to add to my system. I’ve just had a look in the app but it doesn’t look like it’s supported. Am I able to add it to my system when I get back to the UK? 

it will be annoying if I can’t as I’ve now bought it, opened it and charged it. It also doesn’t say anywhere on the box that it wouldn’t be compatible. Can anyone help? 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's compatible but I don't believe it's been rolled out to the UK/EU yet. As long as you have the latest app you'll be able to add it when available. 

If your question was actually about adding the camera to your base, that isn't possible now. It will require a firmware update to allow that.

Karlosblanco
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you know a timescale for that? I’m trying to work out if it’s worth keeping it or taking it back. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I do not have a release date available for Arlo Video Doorbell 2nd generation cameras in UK. Keep an eye on https://www.arlo.com/en_eu/home for announcements and updates on availability.

JamesC

Freitas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good morning, how are you doing?

I recently bought a second-generation Dorbell in the United States. I brought it to Brazil, but when I start the app, this version doesn't appear for installation.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Same issue as above - buying in one place doesn't mean the ability to onboard it in another country is supported yet. You'll just have to wait for an app update that will allow you to choose the new hardware.

Karlosblanco
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m hoping it will happen soon.