Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
denham45
Aspirant
Aspirant

So , got another doorbell and was curious on battery for this new unit. And it appears the battery does not come out ? Can you turn the camera off to charge ? I had plugged in for 30 hours and installed today and it probably had 25 notices and very short recordings and battery is dead , but I did not verify charge if it was 100%. Was just curious on anyone else’s experience 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@denham45 wrote:

it appears the battery does not come out ? 

Correct.  The 2nd gen doorbells do not have a removable battery.

@denham45 wrote:

Can you turn the camera off to charge ? 

If you only have the one camera, you can go into standby mode - which by default disabled motion notifications and recordings.

Alternatively, you can go into the device settings and turn the doorbell off.  Note it's not completely off - it remains connected to your wifi network (otherwise you couldn't turn it back on again).

FWIW, the doorbell is supposed to start charging when the battery level drops below a threshold (I think 20%, but might remember that incorrectly).  That's intended to preserve the battery life.  There were some users who reported that their doorbell wasn't doing that - though I don't think I've seen those posts recently.