Subscribed to Arlo secure (single doorbell) but no feed

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AC_CA
Tutor
Tutor

Currently have the new wire-free 2K video doorbell.
The trial plan expired but we have an existing single camera plan that still has several months left from old home that is being rented out that had the wired Arlo doorbell. I suspect that is why we have live view but no feed.
The support articles all reference the old interface (without the new routines , automations, and “arm home” features) on the my.arlo.com site. 
What is the best way to get the doorbell back on the secure plan? We tried restarting the device and under “locations and plans” (which says Secure single camera under Home) it lists the doorbell under Devices.

Doorbell is running firmware 1.2.1_435_abb9732 , hardware is listed as AVD4001Aer1.3. I won’t be putting the serial number here for obvious reasons.

P.S. The subscription renewal keeps drastically going up in price just for one camera ($3 then $5 to now $7.50 even if annually billed) and I get sales notices only on accounts with no subscription. The subscription system needs serious work and more transparency on how accounts are billed.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
AC_CA
Tutor
Tutor

It does not allow a change of plan to single camera even on the website because it has an existing Secure single camera plan active for the location , the doorbell just is not using the plan for whatever reason . Unless you mean to cancel the existing plan , maybe not get refunded for the remaining months and pay even more money for the same subscription? Having been charged five times in one week last year from Arlo and needing to deal with that hassle, there has to be a better way…