Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DelsoGrace
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does the Gen 2 video doorbell that I just installed (wired) have the video foresight feature since it's wired? I sure hope so!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DelsoGrace wrote:

Does the Gen 2 video doorbell that I just installed (wired) have the video foresight feature since it's wired? I sure hope so!

Unfortunately, this says no:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DelsoGrace wrote:

Unfortunately, this says no:

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, the hardwiring for the wireless doorbells is just to trickle charge the batteries. The transformer doesn't supply enough current to run the camera all the time which is required for foresight.

DelsoGrace
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you - I missed that on the comparison page.

This is a shame for those of us who dealt with constant problems with our wired 1st gens and thought the re-investment in a Gen 2 would fix all our problems. I don't understand why it wouldn't have been engineered to bypass the battery when hardwired.

In any case, I appreciate your help!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DelsoGrace wrote:

I don't understand why it wouldn't have been engineered to bypass the battery when hardwired.

That would have required a power kit.  Likely also it would require the same transformer specs as the AVD1001 requires.  (The AVD2001 and AVD4001 can use down to 8 volts - not 16).

That said, I agree it would be nice to have a replacement for the AVD1001 that has foresight.