Garbled Sound Issue with Arlo Video Doorbell 2nd Gen

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RomeyB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Help! I just installed my new Arlo Video Doorbell 2nd Gen today and the sound is terrible. The video and notifications are working wonderfully however I can barely hear the guest at the door (The sound is turn all the way up) and they can not hear me at all. Can it be fixed or do I send it back for an exchange?

* The doorbell is installed on a brick wall with masonry screws.

* The doorbell is connected to an Arlo Chime 2 (Works great).

* There is a lot of ambient outside white noise (I'm near a freeway).

* I can hear my broadcast to the guest clearly through the video playback but they can barely hear me from the doorbell.

* The sound that you can hear from the doorbell is garbled and broken up. Misses the first 3-5 seconds of response audio consistently.

Any advise will be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RomeyB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James,

Update: I ordered a new doorbell and installed it. I am happy to say that it works fabulously. It seems the issue was a defective unit. 

Thank you for your support.

Romey

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RomeyB,

It could be an interference issue at the devices location that is causing the distorted audio. Try temporarily moving the doorbell close to your router as a test and see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

RomeyB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I have moved the doorbell inside near the router and I am still having the same issue. The doorbell is about 10 feet from the router when mounted on the outside wall.

Now the doorbell will sense movement but will not record. Its a little frustrating at this point.

Romey

RomeyB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

The doorbell camera came back on but the feed is really low resolution now while my other three cameras are showing at full 2K resolution so its not the WIFI.

I'm going to return it for an exchange of another one.

RomeyB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James,

Update: I ordered a new doorbell and installed it. I am happy to say that it works fabulously. It seems the issue was a defective unit. 

Thank you for your support.

Romey