Doorbell 2k wireless - can the battery be replaced

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
slimfrenchy
Follower
Follower

I've searched all over and can't find a clear answer. Help!

I have the wireless video doorbell, 2k. This is the model number: A VD4001-100NAS. There's a comment in the product description that the battery can be replaced. I bought a battery for the video doorbell. And now I have no idea how to remove the old battery and replace it with the backup charged one. It's not wired.

Or, is the only option to remove the whole doorbell and charge it using a cable connected to the internal charging port? This seems ridiculous that the doorbell would be off and out of service during the hours it will take to charge.

Help!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you look at the product literature for the older (Gen. 1) wireless doorbell? If not, give us the link to what you used so we can verify and get it corrected.

The Gen. 2 doorbell has a non-replaceable battery so return the extra one since it's not useful.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
@slimfrenchy wrote:

I have the wireless video doorbell, 2k. This is the model number: A VD4001-100NAS. 

FWIW, AVD4001.

The doorbell is fully sealed, and the battery is not user-replaceable.

@slimfrenchy wrote:

There's a comment in the product description that the battery can be replaced.

Where are you seeing this?  There is nothing on the packaging that says this.  The closest thing I am seeing is a generic safety warning that applies to both removable and non-removable batteries.

@slimfrenchy wrote:

I bought a battery for the video doorbell.

Likely the battery for the older AVD2001, which is user-replaceable.  You can't use it, so you should return it while it is still in the return window. 

@slimfrenchy wrote:

is the only option to remove the whole doorbell and charge it using a cable connected to the internal charging port?

Either that, or get low-voltage AC to the wires in the doorbell.  If there was a traditional doorbell at the same location, you could probably use the existing doorbell wiring for that.  Though you would need to make sure the voltage is within the 8-24 volt range, and ideally check the transformer on the circuit to make sure it is at least 10 VA.