Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pärcival
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently got 2nd gen doorbell and everything worked fine for about a month. Then suddenly the camera showed as offline despite having good wifi coverage at the spot where it was mounted. After not being able to solve it I figured I had to reset the device. I removed it from the app and inserted a pin for as long as needed for the reset to start. But all that happens it that the little led light flashes orange/amber (network error?). And when I try to add the device again in the app, it says that it has been added before and that I need to reset it... 

So it went offline, I tried to reset but got orange/amber blinking and can't add the device in app

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pärcival
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got it to work! After your latest reply I wanted to know what the intended behaviour was when resetting the doorbell. All documentation I hade read up until that point told me that the ring around the button would light up but those instructions were for previous generation of doorbell and this one only uses the little led light as indicator. 

When I read the correct manual I then realized that I had to hold down the reset button for longer (20-20 sec) and it would actually blink amber. So when I followed that instruction I was able to pair the doorbell with the app!

I also deleted the history of the doorbell in my mesh network, just to be sure that wouldn't mess things up.

I' m a bit embarrassed that I hadn't read the manual that closely (and the right one at that). 

Thank you James for your help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Be sure the camera is fully charged and follow the instructions listed here to factory reset: https://kb.arlo.com/000062934/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell-Arlo-Secure-4-0

JamesC

Pärcival
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's fully charged but it won't finish the reset... I tried to let the battery run out I case there was something cached that might disturb the process but that didn't help.

It seems that the app no longer recognises the device from previously but when I try to connect it to the WiFi, it fails to connect. Status code 12800. 

We use a Asus AiMesh network, could that be a potential problem? Is there any known issues with mesh network connections?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pärcival,

What is the LED behavior you see when attempting the factory reset? At what point during the onboarding problem does it fail?

JamesC

Pärcival
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got it to work! After your latest reply I wanted to know what the intended behaviour was when resetting the doorbell. All documentation I hade read up until that point told me that the ring around the button would light up but those instructions were for previous generation of doorbell and this one only uses the little led light as indicator. 

When I read the correct manual I then realized that I had to hold down the reset button for longer (20-20 sec) and it would actually blink amber. So when I followed that instruction I was able to pair the doorbell with the app!

I also deleted the history of the doorbell in my mesh network, just to be sure that wouldn't mess things up.

I' m a bit embarrassed that I hadn't read the manual that closely (and the right one at that). 

Thank you James for your help!