Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
garbagecameras
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last week I added a doorbell and I was forced to upgrade the app to v 4.12. Since then, none of my 12 cameras have been recording. Only the doorbell. I am on the Arlo Secure plan and all devices are still listed under that plan. I have removed, reset, and re-added one camera to test. I have also rebooted both my base stations. Nothing helps. I am so frustrated and about to take all these down and replace them with Chime or other........Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@garbagecameras wrote:

@StephenB  - Looks to me that I have to have Arm Away set to record. Arm Home and Arm Standby will not record as best I can tell. Does that seem correct to you?

You can edit both Arm Home and Standby, so you can add rules to record your cameras to those modes.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming one of the cameras?

garbagecameras
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes!!! I was able to record a video. It now shows up on the calendar under that device today. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@garbagecameras wrote:

Yes!!! I was able to record a video. It now shows up on the calendar under that device today. 

Ok.  So the cameras are able to record to the Arlo cloud.  But it sounds like they might not be arming correctly.

Are you now seeing "Feed" and "Dashboard" in the app?  Or are you seeing "Library" instead?

garbagecameras
Aspirant
Aspirant

Under Home in the App I have dashboard (no widgets added), feed, and devices down at the bottom of the app. When I click feed I see the recordings from 2 separate cameras. At the top I have "Arm Home" clicked. I have multiple homes under this account.

garbagecameras
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB  - Looks to me that I have to have Arm Away set to record. Arm Home and Arm Standby will not record as best I can tell. Does that seem correct to you?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@garbagecameras wrote:

You can edit both Arm Home and Standby, so you can add rules to record your cameras to those modes.

garbagecameras
Aspirant
Aspirant

Super helpful. Thank you so much!!! Grateful.