Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

short recordings

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

For some reason for two days now I'm getting just a snapshot or 1 to 3 sec recordings randomly even on the SD card, anyone else having this issue.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope. STart by rebooting the hub.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Not new to this, done all that **bleep** 100 times min.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you're not new to this, you should know that you have to provide actual details as to what you see, what you've tried, etc.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LandJS wrote:

For some reason for two days now I'm getting just a snapshot or 1 to 3 sec recordings randomly even on the SD card, anyone else having this issue.

I'm not seeing this on my pro2/pro3/ultra cameras, but I am seeing quite a few 3 second recordings on the doorbell.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

cameras randomly just taking a snapshot or doing a 1 to 3 sec recording pretty much says it all for detail.  After more than a year of issues hearing reboot the hub is lame, I've probably tried more things than some of the tech people know.  It's not the first time it's happened, I'm not the first it's happened to.  I just wanted to know if it was random or happening to a number of people meaning it would require the support thing.  

d23wilson
Star
Star

Yeah, got the same yesterday...I have arlo pro 2’s on a new vmb5000 hub.

i saw the video footage, just before cutting short, go funny colours and pixelated...assume with some kind of interference and the logic shuts down and cuts the recording. Not sure of what is happening that could cause it...a nice warm start to a Melbourne (Oz) day....no microwaves operating, no high electric output machinery operating anywhere.....all peaceful. I started to wonder if it is microSD related....do I need extra special top of the line write speeds. I got a named brand with normal specs I.e not for high end cameras or anything.

3 solid bars connection for each camera to hub too.

the reason why I think it more localised and not arlo servers or internet connection is, I bought the new hub specifically for local recording (hope  accuracy)....it should record and then upload (to their servers) right...thinking the requirement for perfect internet connection not so great (my internet is awesome, 44mb up and 19mb down....rock solid!!!) , as once recorded the upload can fail or go slow and the hub should try again (if fail) or just push through slowly if slow....but the recording should be rock solid from camera to hub, I thought.

the recordings cut out after 1- 3 seconds, makes me wonder... would these have failed completely with connection to arlo servers only? Is this, although appearing bad, that the clip is shortened at least better than no alert and footage at all?

i got no idea, but just putting it to you that it’s not just your setup 🙂 

it’s arlo again, and can only hope one day this system works as the marketing department ever so arrogantly declare....imagine if they were honest 

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Yes on mine the behavior was the same on both the cloud and the SD card so it is likely hardware related but the hardware is controlled by the firmware.  I have had it happen in the past and have seen others mention it but wanted to know how many others might be at this time.  If not wide spread I doubt it will go anywhere and not worth the time it takes to jump through support hurdles.  Should have gone with a NVR system now that it's possible to get cloud service for them but these had a good reputation when Netgear owned it.  Some stock analysts are even saying now that the stock has dropped so far maybe Netgear will buy it back lol

stefan2805
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I had the same issue, multiple recordings with 0 or 1 seconds per day. Tried everything, restarts, resets, switched cameras, changed hub position, additionally recorded to SD, etc. nothing helped. But after I have changed the settings of the router and WIFI repeaters from automatic channel selection to fixed values for both 2.4 and 5 GHz, I got not more of the short recording. 

According to the Arlo app the connection quality was also good before, but the switch to fixed channels seems to avoid the short recordings.

Perhaps you can give it a try.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

That could explain why I quit having that issue before because I hooked my hub to the providers modem instead of my router but the way they are doing the SD access app requires you to use the router.  Even so that doesn't fix the issue, you shouldn't have to lock your router to a set channel for things to work properly.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

No Arlo I did not get the answer I needed, the problem has gotten worse.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation