Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary

Can anyone confirm that all ultra features/functions will work with the new premier plan eg. smooth 2K live stream, smooth audio not cutting in and out during live stream ? Will recording the live stream in 2K and taking a snapshot be available?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arloultra wrote:
Can anyone confirm that all ultra features/functions will work with the new premier plan eg. smooth 2K live stream, smooth audio not cutting in and out during live stream ? Will recording the live stream in 2K and taking a snapshot be available?

Of course the ultra is capable of 4K (which requires the elite plan).  Other than that, all the features are available.

Audio and video dropouts would be either caused by a bug or a connection problem - neither of which is linked to the plan you choose.

Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
You obviously don’t understand what I’m asking. My inquiry was in reference to downgrading to the premier plan (2K). You can not record a live stream in 4K and
yes, there’s been a “bug” with 4K live streaming for some time now! I’m asking about 2K streaming reliability and features!!! Anyone with 2K experience ?
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Yes, that is the plan I chose when the free ran out.  Everything works (when working right) except you no longer get 4K to the SD card with the 2K plan.  This is disputed by JamesC on here but confirmed by Arlo support four times now, so on that point choose who to go with.  Keep in mind that with 2K or 4K if using a pc, they can only be viewed without downloading in the Edge browser.  The others don't support those res at this time.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Q: Will recording the live stream in 2K and taking a snapshot be available?

A: No. Manual recording and snapshot options are only available when live streaming up to 1080p. If you 2K or 4K live streaming is enabled and active, manual recording and snapshots will not be available during the live stream.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation