Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
iSmartTinting
Guide
Guide

Why my ARLO ULTRA live feed shows 4K but result not clear not 4k. (don’t require any subscription to view 4k live). No network issues (strong signals with 500mps download 25mps upload) same network)

18 REPLIES 18
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using the app, is the setting for 4k live view selected? 

iSmartTinting
Guide
Guide
Yes, all cameras to 4k .
live streaming says 4k but results worst then my doorbell
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Keep in mind that 4K live is only when live.   4K recording to the SD card when set for best and 4K to the cloud only if you pay for the upper level plan, otherwise your cloud is not 4K

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@iSmartTinting wrote:
but result not clear not 4k. 

If you are saying it's not as clear as you expect, then try downloading an MP4 in the library, and check the resolution. 

I think you will find that the video is 3840x2160.

iSmartTinting
Guide
Guide
we are not talking about saving in cloud or SD Card

LIVE VIEW only is not 4k

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@iSmartTinting wrote:
we are not talking about saving in cloud or SD Card

LIVE VIEW only is not 4k

But the recordings are?

iSmartTinting
Guide
Guide
Recording to SD Card looks good

only live view it’s says 4k but it’s not, can’t upload videos here t on see.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

iSmartTinting,

Do you have the setting enabled for local 4K live streaming? This can be found under Settings > My Device > select the desired camera > Video Settings > Local 4K Live Streaming

Additionally, your mobile device must be connected to the same network as the SmartHub/Camera to live stream 4K.

JamesC

iSmartTinting
Guide
Guide
yes, all settings related to 4k on, same network, it’s showing i am viewing 4k live but results not 4k live feed slow, blur, when i switch 4k off , live feed show sooth 1080p.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

iSmartTinting,

What model is the mobile device you're using? If you log in to the Arlo app using a different device, do you experience the same behavior?

JamesC

iSmartTinting
Guide
Guide
iPhone Xs Max / iPhone 7 Plus
Laptop/ Desktop

live stream is not 4k stream
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
I’m assuming you have 3 camera’s enabled for 4K ? The reason I ask is my understanding is only 2 4K steams allows at once! I’m sure you’ve checked all streams. Have you tried 4K settings on one camera only for troubleshooting?
iSmartTinting
Guide
Guide
I know that only 2 cam can be viewed at once 4k and rest in1080p.

Even when you view only one camera video 4k but but not clear also keep pausing (slow motion) WiFi strength no problem ( if keeping close to router/smart-hub it’s same)
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
I feel ya. Mine’s been freezing a lot lately not to mention the audio constantly cutting in and out!
iSmartTinting
Guide
Guide
Yes, audio constantly cutting in and out too.
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
Unless you have a noisy scene going on most people wouldn’t even notice it unless you put your ear up to the phone!
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

sound  is the one thing I have never had an issue with at least not sound level.  I clearly hear the crunch of gravel when a car goes by,  hear the chickens next door 150 ft. away and their dogs 200.  I hear people talking in my driveway and back door.  As for understanding every word, no but then without my aids I have a 70% hearing loss so don't expect to

iSmartTinting
Guide
Guide
Video/Sound no problem when 4k is off.

PROBLEM in only 4k mode.
Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation