Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
MVN
Guide
Guide

4K live feed
I am getting lack of consistency with my 4k live feed. Most of the times the live feed doesn't show the camera icon that provides the ability to take a picture of the live feed.  I was also told by Arlo Ultra tech support that i needed to contact my internet provider and ask them to open port 443 and 123 for better live feed. I have no idea what that is and what it would do. My linksys mesh system works great and I am sure it handles traffic  extremely well.

Lastly. When recieving an arlo alert the app talke 5 to 8 seconds to open and then you have to open the camera to get the live feed which is another 7 to 10 seconds,  so that's 15 to 20 seconds it take to access the camera that just gave you a motion alert.  Why not allow the camera that provided the alert to open up directly.

Thank you

MVN

7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

@MVN,

From what I understand the record and camera icons are not supposed to show up when recording in 4k. Mine don't.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When on Local Live view, the "home" and 4K icon appear... the camera option re snapshot is not available

BUT, on your device you ( android S7 here, haven't tried iOS yet ) can still take screen shots of the full screen which is in hi-rez.

Works very well.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MVN
Guide
Guide

I just looked at my 4k live feed and it showed the camera icon, but it doesn't gtake a shot when i press the camera icon.

Arlo needs to explain what is going on here. I was told by arlo technical support that the camera icon is on the 4k live view

thank you

MVN

MVN
Guide
Guide

I just looked at my 4k live feed and it showed the camera icon, but it doesn't gtake a shot when i press the camera icon.

Arlo needs to explain what is going on here. I was told by arlo technical support that the camera icon is on the 4k live view

thank you

MVN

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just tried using both the Android app as well as a browser to live view an Ultra camera and take a snapshot. The app doesn't have the ability to record or take a snapshot but the browser does and worked fine. Maybe rebooting the base would help.

DSMagic
Star
Star

It takes way way too long to view the live feed following a notification. I know much of the time is just to load the app but there has to be a way to load a skeleten of the app at first until the image is displayed, then load the rest in the background. It's not even helpful to try if the camera is set to capture 4K. And, the default image should only be 780p to make sure it loads quickly, and only show the full 4k on request otherwise it's not even helpful in the least.

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

In my experience, the video record button and the snapshot/camera buttons are not available during local live 4K viewing, but they do show during normal (non local) live viewing. I believe this makes some sense, because during local live 4K viewing the stream is directly from the camera to your device, and not going through the cloud server, so there's no way to capture the images directly into the cloud library.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation