Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

False alerts are about to push me off the Arlo ledge.  Yes people have complained bout moths and such for years now and I know they will trigger cams BUT I am paying for Arlo secure and so - the trigger goes to the server which is supposed to be able to determine what it is before sending a alert.  Arlo advertises this as advanced AI, I say BS when after at least the last three years it still can not determine the difference between a moth and a person.  Getting mighty tired of being woke up every night.  I know the cam will trigger, not the problem, paying for secure that is useless for 3 months every year is the issue.  One issue anyway - support is the other which also hasn't improved in the last three years.  Insisting I reboot or remove and replace the app etc etc.  The app doesn't determine what is seen.  The app isn't anything but the messenger at this point.  Arlo secure AI is responsible and is clearly not being handled by someone in the know when it's been at least a three year battle.  This is after all a service I am paying for period.  End of rant --- for now.

4 REPLIES 4
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What type of Alerts are you getting?

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

For at least 3 years now we keep being awaken by alerts for a person when it is actually a moth.  Paying for secure is so that AI will determine what is seen.  It apparently hasn't figured it out because a moth and a person are in no way similar in looks.  It may 5 or six times show as motion and sometimes an animal which would be correct but then bam two alerts for a person at our door or back yard.  We have 7 cameras and all experience this.  In this day and age AI is better than that except for maybe Arlo secure,  If it can get it right half a dozen times there shouldn't be an issue unless it has a memory lapse.  Over these years I have donated more than 100 of these which were once upon a time told would help it learn.  Worse is how many times all you get from support is reboot this, delete and reinstall the app, turn this off and back on.  None of these make that determination, that's why I pay for Arlo secure. It's a server issue and as others on here have pointed out - other cameras AI doesn't seem to have this issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Oops - you already said you've donated videos.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Yes not only donated about 100 over the last three years but have also numerous times been asked to send them to a support e-mail address and they have acknowledged receiving them and yet three years later here we are - got woke up again last night and here's the thing, it is clearly a small moth picked up 10 feet away until is does seem large when it gets to the cam but your talking quite a bit of video before it gets there.  Todays AI should not have that issue unless someone is not doing their job or investing in quality services which Arlo secure is advertised as.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation