Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo ultra, continuous streaming without timeout?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rwiowa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does the Arlo ultra support live streaming without timing out?  The Pro 2 would support up to 30 mins of live streaming and then time out.  I'm talking when streaming locally, connected to the same wifi as the hub (not remotely over a connection).

I have searched google and this forum and have not quite found the answer to this yet.  I really wanted the arlo Pro 2 when they came out but had to go with another brand because of this one (very important to me) feature that it was lacking.  I get why they did it with the Pro 2's, but did they remove this hurdle with the ultra.  My installation would have the ultra's hardwired with the magnetic cable that is provided.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rwiowa,

Live streaming will time out much like the Pro 2. It sounds like you would benefit from the CVR (continuous video recording) feature. For more information on this feature, take a look here: What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I get it?

JamesC

rwiowa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, that does answer my question.  CVR may work for what I want to do.  Does the CVR have to send it to the cloud or is CVR to the SD card available as an option as well?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rwiowa,

CVR is stored in the cloud only. There is no option for local CVR storage.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation