Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KeithOP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well been pretty pleased with the arlo pro2 so ordered an ultra kit with free 1 yr of arlo smart premier...

Now I bought smart last year so I have it until june 2019 anyway but even after adding and readding the base station + camera, the free year of service isnt showing up on my account?

I hope this isnt a horrible policy of "if you already bought it you cant have your free year"

Anyone know? ( I tried support but the number was engaged and the support chat ended up in a blank screen on 3 browsers) sigh

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KeithOP,

If you already had a subscription plan at the time you added your SmartHub, the free 1 year plan cannot be claimed. This doesn't mean it's not possible to do however, you just need to take a couple steps before adding  your SmartHub back to your account:

The first thing we'll need to do, is cancel your current subscription plan, any remaining unused portion of that subscription will be refunded. To cancel, log in to your account using a computer and navigate to Settings > Subscription > click cancel (next to change plan).

After the plan is canceled, add the SmartHub back to your account and the free 1 year plan will apply automatically.

Please let me know if you experience any further issues.

JamesC

KeithOP
Aspirant
Aspirant

wow what a hassle rather than just, yah know, adding a year to the account 😞    but at least it's possible I guess

Will I have to set up all my cameras again if I remove the smarthub and readd it?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KeithOP,

I understand the process is painful, and apologize in advance for that. The cameras will need to be synced again. If you would like, I can escalate to the support team and request an alternate method.

Please let me know,

JamesC

KeithOP
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes please that would be helpful 😕 surely someone can just add a year to my account, that's all I need. I really don't want to have to sync everything again (I have loads of cameras all over the place)

Thanks in advance for your help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KeithOP,

I will reach out to you in a private message with more information.

JamesC

Jim707
Initiate
Initiate

I also just ran into a big mess adding the ultra smart hub to a perfectly working pro 2 system.  Everything was set up and running fine on the pro 2 base maxed out with 5 pro 2 cameras. I had a smart plan on one camera. I added the ultra smart hub and ultra cameras thinking the free smart premier and 10 camera support would kick in but all it saw was my smart subscription and wouldn’t allow the ultra cameras to come up on the ultra hub. I tried a bunch of different things and ended up removing the pro 2 base thinking the premier would kick in but all it saw was my base smart plan. Adding it back in of course blew out all the settings on the perfect running system and it all had to be reconfigured again. At some point I figured that if I upgraded my smart to premier then maybe it would recognize my ultra free trial but it charged me the $99 minus a credit for balance of my smart I had on one camera. This got everything working but I paid $99 for the premier and no free trial was recognized at that point. The next day in my settings the free trial showed as kicking in and expiring in a year. So I paid the $99 and got nothing. I called support and it appears that I would be able to get a refund but as I understand it it sounds like I will lose all my library and will have to reconfigure everything again. I said rather than that can’t I just get my premier extended a year and not sure if that’s an option. Pro2 was so easy but adding and trying to upgrade to the ultra has been quite frustrating. 

dennishuang
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

I am in the US and had the Arlo Pro and Pro2 prior to the Ultra. I had No Subscription plan. I can't get the free year of Arlo Smart. I have no Subscription to cancel.

How would I get my free year of Arlo Smart?

Regards,

Dennis

Jim707
Initiate
Initiate

The free 1 year trial of Smart Premier comes with the Ultra system. The problem I had was I was adding an Ultra hub to my Pro 2 setup that had Smart on one camera. After I added the Ultra Hub and a Ultra camera the free trial screen did not come up. I had to cancel my Smart subscription so I had no plan in place. I then had to remove the Ultra hub and add it again. After adding the Ultra Hub and adding an Ultra camera the free trial screen came right up after I added the camera. There was also the option to finish without adding a camera but I don’t know what would happen after that. If you have no subscription plan and are adding the Ultra Hub to your existing system the free trial screen should come up after you add a camera to the Ultra.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dennishuang,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation