Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

alerts for multiple arlo systems

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pjama
Luminary
Luminary

I've just bought an arlo Ultra system for another property and am looking at how to set it up while maintaining my existing arlo system.

I get that you have to have two accounts to have two arlo systems but how does one get alerts on one mobile phone for both? The android app seems to hold credentials for one account and so presumably arlo cloud pushes alerts to the app/phone that's logged into that account but what if I need to get alerts for two systems? How would this work?

Having both systems on the one account would complicate things expenentially if I had to set up modes for if I/people are at one property or the other or both or neither.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you explored Settings,Grant Access?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you explored Settings,Grant Access?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pjama,

As jguerdat mentions, the Grant Access feature should cover what you're trying to do. For more information on this, take a look here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

Per jguerdat's suggestion, "Grant Access" is the way to go. Thanks.

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

Just to follow up on this: I've found the best solution is to set up a control account for each arlo system then grant access to myself and wife on separate accounts for basic management and alerts.

It's a little bit cumbersome in that for full management (video settings, utilities mode set up etc), you need to log out as self and back in as control account and you also need to be able to set up multiple emails for multiple arlo accounts but I guess gmail or outlook are your friend there.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation