Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
pivotalrex
Initiate
Initiate

We're looking at both the Arlo Ultra and Pro 3. Honestly, all I seem to read is problems with these systems. I wanted to know if there are users out there that are satisfied with the system and would purchase it again if they had the choice?

Otherwise we'll be going with Montavue wired camera system but the cost would be almost triple once installed. 

35 REPLIES 35
Ishouldntbehere
Initiate
Initiate
Agree on all of the above. The lag alone renders this system useless. The app - I have started a book with the modifications that need implemented/improved.. Dissatisfied is an understatement.
Arlo... are you listening???
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I really feel for you people that spent a lot of money on the Ultra system, I have the Arlo pro 2 1080p and were not even getting 720p on the videos.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
When it's working properly it's a great thing. Problem they update the firmware and they end up breaking everything at the moment things are working pretty good not perfect
Warrenjones
Aspirant
Aspirant
Would never buy these again ,there is never a day without a problem ! My old cameras ( another brand) still work better .
Hopefully I can get a full refund when I call the shop where I got them.
notafanaorultra
Aspirant
Aspirant

NO!  These things are terrible.  Miss way too much and if they do catch something it starts recording 10 secs after the event happened.  IN the process of selling and trying our Nest IQ

notafanaorultra
Aspirant
Aspirant

you're one of the lucky ones.  IT misses way too many events and just stop recording altogether and the only fix is to remove the camera from the base and re-add, which is a hit or miss process when unable to detect the camera to add it back. 

Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi.

I am more than happy to say that I have finally ended my association with Arlo - and I feel great!!!

I have packed up my 4 Ultra Cameras; 2 Arlo Security Lights and all the accessories I have purchased over time - and put them up for sale.

It took them 5 days to reply to my Report that I completed online. Reason for the delay -"Due to the number of inquires we are receiving at the moment it will take them longer to reply"??

As a Consumer I would ask the question "Why so many inquiries" - but I believe that I already know the answer. Products such as Arlo cause so many issues - and people need somewhere to "VENT".

I am going to try the New Eufy Cameras (I have purchased 3) with the long battery life and No Subscriptions (Unless you want one). There are so many newer and better security products out there and the list continues to grow. 

Arlo you need to be very careful with your Consumers - they will only take so much ...... and then go elsewhere.

For the Now - I'm happy to be closing my Account with Arlo forever .........

Good Luck Arlo Users - I believe you are going to need it!!

Gregg00ss
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't read all the replies, but from what I did, I would agree with everyone else, NO!!!! I have had my system for about 2 months now and it is basically useless.  I have already RMA'ed 1 camera because it would not detect motion and now a different camera is doing the same thing so assume that will be gong back soon. All the "features" are very misleading as most of them require the camera to be plugged in to take advantage of them, which defeats the purpose of buying a wireless system.  

I did find the image quality very good and love the color night vision, but I can not depend on this system to be working when I need it to which is pretty sad seeing I have over $1200 invested in it.  I too will have my system up for sale in the near future and will be paying 3 times the amount I did for the Arlo to have a professional 4k wired system installed on my property.  Should have done that to start with but thought the wireless system would work out.  

dmoe68
Initiate
Initiate

I agree 100% with commenter on the 2nd post, BJT Ultra. I like to give Arlo the benefit because they seen to really be trying and want to produce a good camera. They have great customer service, extremely fast. I'm on to my second upgrade, first I had the Pro 2 and now I have the Ultra's. I have spent over $3000 over the years on 2 set of arlo's. To be honest I can no longer give them the benefit of doubt. They are the biggest and best sellers in all the box stores. They should have the best cameras systems in the industry and at least 85% rating. But i'm constantly dealing with errors, false trips and delays and sometimes they just don't record anything, like my giant truck and Tahoe passing 10 feet directly across their path from L to R or R to L, while in front of them.  and 1 of my camera won't pick up anything beyond 10 feet. Arlo could probably help me with that 1 but I'm just so tried of calling them. They want you go out climb your house or tree and bring the camera inside near the base station so they run checks. I just can't do it anymore so I simply live with it. People the Arlo Ultra is so hype willl they said that about the Pros too but I think their all the same. In fact as this afternoon, 3 of my 5 cameras have triangles warning signs on them which means they're not working correctly. Why? maybe the rain who knows?  But if I have to climb a tree after each rain is it worth it? 

Ries026
Tutor
Tutor

I spent about 1400 euro on Arlo products and I have to admit the hardware and image quality is ok. But...........the way they deploy their software releases and updates is worthless. I even wonder if they spend time on testing things. Lately it even seems like they are testing on production environment. Behaviour of notifications can change during days. Last week i thought they solved the issue with the "ghost notifications" and the delay, but a few days later they were suddenly there again. There are a lot of moments I just switch off the camera's because of the unreliable notifications!!!! I got 100's of useless notifications during night so I turned the camera's off during night. So the system is worthless. I also found out that they removed the functionality to make a manual photo or video when it is on 4K. I want a clear picture Arlo, that's why I bought the Ultra's!!! I also have the issue with watching the localy stored video's. When you press the play button, there is no video. It's just blank, but the file is stored on the SD.

Pro's:

• system can work fine for day's, or maybe weeks......no one can tell
  • build quality
  • image quality

Con's:

• system can be useless for day's, or maybe weeks......no one can tell
  • a lot of issues after updates and new firmwares
  • unreliable notifications
  • activity zone's don't work
  • not able to make a manual picture or video in highest quality (it worked before)
  • blank screen when watching localy stored video's

I definitely would not recommend this system to anyone. I am still in my free subscription period, but I am not going to spend morwe money on this ever.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@dmoe68 wrote:

I agree 100% with commenter on the 2nd post, BJT Ultra. I like to give Arlo the benefit because they seen to really be trying and want to produce a good camera. They have great customer service, extremely fast. I'm on to my second upgrade, first I had the Pro 2 and now I have the Ultra's. I have spent over $3000 over the years on 2 set of arlo's. To be honest I can no longer give them the benefit of doubt. They are the biggest and best sellers in all the box stores. They should have the best cameras systems in the industry and at least 85% rating. But i'm constantly dealing with errors, false trips and delays and sometimes they just don't record anything, like my giant truck and Tahoe passing 10 feet directly across their path from L to R or R to L, while in front of them.  and 1 of my camera won't pick up anything beyond 10 feet. Arlo could probably help me with that 1 but I'm just so tried of calling them. They want you go out climb your house or tree and bring the camera inside near the base station so they run checks. I just can't do it anymore so I simply live with it. People the Arlo Ultra is so hype willl they said that about the Pros too but I think their all the same. In fact as this afternoon, 3 of my 5 cameras have triangles warning signs on them which means they're not working correctly. Why? maybe the rain who knows?  But if I have to climb a tree after each rain is it worth it? 

What world do you live in? There product has turned to high priced junk and as far as customer service iam better off asking my wife then calling there so called customer service. Iam in the process of dumping my Arlo pro 2 systems and going to Eufy I have had enough with my blurry videos.