Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Brooklynzoo
Tutor
Tutor
I am switching over from a wired camera setup where I was able to view my areas in a screen at all times, I was wondering if arlo has that or will they have that at some point?
10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could cast from a mobile device to a smart TV...

Brooklynzoo
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the info , now if I was to cast it from a mobile device will that kill the battery faster keeping the cameras on live like that?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

YES, unless the cameras are plugged into ac.

BTW, you can also send Live video to the TV via firestick( gen 2 or better ) with alexa

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Brooklynzoo
Tutor
Tutor
I’ll look into giving them power at all times because I like the fact of being able to see what’s going on live.. the delay on the camera worries me a bit
dcfox1
Master
Master

Like another poster said the fire stick works really well and no logging back in. 

Brooklynzoo
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for your input , if you don’t mind sharing exactly how you set yours up I would be so grateful
dcfox1
Master
Master

I actually  forget how i did it but it was simple maybey someone else can help here. ill try to remember. 

Brooklynzoo
Tutor
Tutor
dcfox1
Master
Master

I do remember that after it connected t o my wifi it showed the smarthub. Not sure if i did anything after that. I say show driveway and it connects to it. Can only watch live view though unless im missing something. 

Brooklynzoo
Tutor
Tutor
Yes believe I can achieve what I’m trying to by making sure they have consistent power and then logging into the Arlo website and just click play.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation