Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will Ultra WiFi receive any firmware update for WiFi signal?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Timmmaaa
Follower
Follower

Since the Ultra WiFi is worse than the Pro, and now they have released the Ultra 2 with updgraded WiFi….will the Ultra receive any kind of firmware update to resolve the issue?

I recently updgraded my Pro cameras and hub to the Ultra 4 camera and hub. Over the last week the 4k streaming has stopped and will not connect. The first thing support will say is it is an internet issue. My internet download is 450mbps and my Upload is 21mbps. My Pro cameras connected and streamed just fine. The Ultra cameras were placed in the exact spots where the Pro's were located. The Ultra system streamed fine for a short time and now over the last week the 4k has stopped connecting/streaming. I have done al the level 1 stuff; rebooted, unpair and re-paired the cameras, uninstalled / reinstalled the app etc. When trying to stream all I get is "Connecting" circle, the screen will flash and go back to " connecting. Occasionally it will connect for about a second with a distorted screen. 

It will still stream in 2k, but still only shows 2 bars on the WiFi connection icon. Which is the same when in 4k. 

Maybe it is just me...but I find oddly coincidental the 4k stopped connecting just about the exact time the Ultra 2 was released..??

Any direction would be great!! Thanks so much! 

1 REPLY 1
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

I can't say why it worked for a while then stopped. Maybe there are new sources of WiFi interference from neighbors, etc. What I can say is a stronger signal is required to transmit 4K video compared to 2K or 1080p. So, an Ultra should not be expected to be able to stream 4K because a Pro camera worked in that location. That's how RF communications works--higher data rates=shorter range.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation