Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why only Admin (1 account) can access local storage?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
L8RDave
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why can only the admin access locally stored videos (sd card). Or why can Access Not be granted to Other persons.
eg. I can access local vids. But I can’t authorize my wife !
3 REPLIES 3
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

After seeing this question a couple times with no real answer I contacted support yesterday.  For an hour they had me doing setting things on my phone and my wife's.  I was pretty sure I knew the answer but wanted to see where it went.  Then she asked me to access it on my computer and make those same changes there and that's when I knew lol.  I informed her that the SD card access was not available on computers, only on the phone app.  So she asked if I could hang on while she talked to someone.  Then came back to let me know only the main account holder can access it and the wife would need to use my credentials to view the SD.  That works as long as your not logged in because that would log you out.  She says the best thing to do is request it on the community.  That's when I smiled and said thank you and goodnight.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LandJS wrote:

only the main account holder can access it and the wife would need to use my credentials to view the SD.  That works as long as your not logged in because that would log you out.  She says the best thing to do is request it on the community.  

I don't think that is on the idea exchange.  Maybe add it, and post a link to it on this thread.  I'm sure a lot of people would vote for it (certainly I would).

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I'm sure they would vote for it and then wait a year for it to happen.  I just wanted to let L8RDave know what's up with it.  That and poke fun at Arlo supports lack of knowledge about their own products, even on here JamesC wasn't aware you lose 4K to the card if you take the 2K plan so I'm not to impressed with them.  Access to the SD card no longer matters since it's the 4K evidence that was my purpose for having it.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation