Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
fhang82
Follower
Follower

Horrible lag using this arlo ultra security system. There is a 3 to 5 seconds lag when viewing 4k live and using two way audio. From the time I see my kids walk up the drive way and I say HI to them as they walked up to the house. They have already entered the house and have closed the door behind them. That is horrible live lag knowing that I would have been robbed by the time my live stream picked up the robber walking up my driveway. This is not a security camera if the lag is this bad.

30 REPLIES 30
Ac34
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well I was excited about fixing the problem with HomeKit just to realize it only solves the problem when I’m at home 🙄. Yeah the lag is pretty disappointing. What internet speed do you use? I know everyone says this is a new issue but just curious because I was already thinking of upgrading my internet.
paulseig
Aspirant
Aspirant

Comcast says 355 mbps Download,   11.8 Upload , with 22ms  Latency..  I still have about a 4 sec. lag...

Lamchop168
Guide
Guide
Do we have a solution or plan on fixing this latency issue? I mean, it’s really slow. I went from a Arlo 2 to Ultra looking for better performance and realized it’s worst. Should I return and just get a hardwired one install? I can understand if this was a $300 cheap system but it’s not and actually probably one of the most expensive.
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

16 months ago ultra didn't have this lag so one would have to believe it's changes made by Arlo but it has only gotten worse with system upgrades.  I wouldn't bet on it getting better.  I can't return mine but they will be replaced with something else as they need replacing in time.

jaw_wilton
Initiate
Initiate
The delay is unacceptable for the cost. In my previous house I installed ring and never had any connectivity issues or lag.
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Keep in mind the ring isn't 4K, the higher the res the greater wi-fi lag.  This doesn't mean Arlo isn't without blame because hardware is one factor.  Ex., My brand new Samsung TV has more lag than my Roku. For somethings my wife's iphone 11 has more lag than my10+.  If you watch OTA TV on side by side TV's Dish Network's signal has lag, If you stream the same program side by side the stream will have more lag. How it is handled in the cloud is also a area where Arlo may need to improve.  If you experiment without a plan you will notice a real improvement in notification speed even though the hub is 4K.  You will not however eliminate lag but you should certainly be working on minimizing it as much as possible when your talking a security system.  A wired system is the only  way to end it completely. 

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation