Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JMBare
Initiate
Initiate

I’m really frustrated with the amount of time it takes to connect to live view. I have very little confidence these days in Arlo products.

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi JMBare,

What iOS/Android device are you using to try viewing the live view of your camera? Is this happening on WiFi and/or cellular data?

JMBare
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same experience from ALL of my devices. iPhone 11pro, iPhone 11pro Max, iPad Pro. The cameras are mixed Ultra and Pro.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried testing this on your cellular data to see if this persists?

Make sure that your Ultra/Pro cameras are not too far from the Base Station/SmartHub. For best performance, make sure that your cameras have three or more bars of signal strength. The cameras can work when signal strength is at one or two bars, but they might go out of range intermittently due to fluctuations in the environment and can cause the live feed to buffer up slowly.

demannu
Apprentice
Apprentice

Minutes is pretty bad, but thats arlo for you. Their software is horrible.. I get full strength on all of my cameras and its still 15-20 seconds and when I do get to live view the delay is absolutely horrendous, 2 way audio is just unusable.. They are completely hopeless to use for real time security. I've said it before and i'll say it again, its the single most regrettable purchase ive ever made in my life to date. 

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

demannu that really is it. They may be good cams but pointless for real time which is kind of the reason you buy a system with snapshots and talk etc.

demannu
Apprentice
Apprentice

found a great comparison vid someone made on youtube that shows just how bad the delay is with the Arlo Ultra's in comparison to the Arlo pro 2's

I've skipped it ahead as there a lot of talking before the comparison.. theres a sound delay comparison earlier in the video if you can be bothered watching the full vid (5 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYxIyDLpGSo&feature=youtu.be&t=240

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation