Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Weak signal after latest firmware on Smarthub

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Chris311
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three cameras and have always good signal between cameras and Smarthub. But after latest firmware 1.14.0.7_95 I suddenly have weak signals on two of the cameras (one bar). One of them really weak (just a red point at the bottom.

The only thing who has changed is the firmware what I can see.

Anyone noticed similar problems?

All cameras works as before so far....but it feels not good at all

//Chris

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chris311,

Recent updates to the Arlo mobile app have made the signal strength indicator more accurate. It's possible the signal strength icon for your cameras showed inaccurate levels in the past and due to conditions in your environment, is now being represented more accurately.

If all cameras are working, you may not need to make any changes, but some users have had success by elevating the SmartHub to help improve the signal strength to their cameras.

JamesC

Chris311
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC

Thank's for your answer.

This problem started for two days ago and I don't think the app is updated  last weeks or?

Anyway, the cameras still working. I just noticed the weak signal and was curious if anyone else have the same symptom.

//Chris

brookside
Tutor
Tutor

I just got an ultra. It is 30 feet from my smart hub and I get only one bar, it streams and records with large pixel blocks in the distance. It is on the underside of my deck, but I placed an Arlo Pro 2 one foot above it and it gets full bars. My wi-fi speed at the ultra is 16.8 Mbps down and 5.1 up with a 24 ms latency.  Even when I have it 2o feet from the hub and separated only by glass, it goes down to 3 bars. The pics below are: the feed from "creek" and "creek 2" to show the relative positions and signal strength. "Creek" is my pro 2 and "Creek 2" is the ultra. The last pic is (unfortunately flipped horizontally) a pic of the positioning of the two on the deck (black cam is pro 2 on top of deck).
fullsizeoutput_1d63.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1d77.jpeg

IMG_5447.JPG

Bbook72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here, after updates cameras signal in red, can’t get live views, hub constant blinking orange.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation