Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Videos stored on hub not available

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Manny59
Tutor
Tutor

Apologies for the throwing this at the community once again , however I have read previous posts and put onto place the suggestions without success. I can remove the card and insert into PC and the recordings are there. All the recording settings are correct and the hub not cloud is selected.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated

9 REPLIES 9
Dannybear
Master
Master
Not sure what you have already tried. What error if any are you getting.

Does your base station support direct storage access?

When trying to access the local storage recordings, is the phone using wifi or cellular? If cellular, have you setup port forwarding?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it-for-Arlo-video-recor...

Also

https://kb.arlo.com/000062727/Why-am-I-unable-to-access-my-Arlo-recordings-in-Local-Storage
punchbuggy
Guide
Guide

I'll add a Plus 1 to this issue which started end July.

When going into the Arlo Library via the iOS app (v. 3.6.8), it now advises that "Videos stored on the SmartHub are not available. Please check your connection settings." Suffice to say, my connection settings are fine, and I can get live feeds from cameras, etc. I also reformatted the internal SD card, but same error.

HW: VMB5000r3 basestation

FW: 1.19.0.3_1237_68a8e53

At the same time I also started receiving regular " Doorbell back online" messages. There's a separate thread for this: here

HW: 1.3

FW: 1.2.0.0_320_401

Something has been right rotally screwed up by Arlo in the last week. Sigh. Oh, and this is either an app or firmware issue, not me - I'm one of the original beta testers for the Arlo Pro and Ultra 2 systems and I know my way around.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@punchbuggy

Do you get the same error message when accessing the recordings locally? please make sure your phone is connected to the local wifi, cellular data  is off, record locally is enabled.

Thank you 

punchbuggy
Guide
Guide

Shayne, thanks but yes - I'm trying to access within my home network, and local access is enabled on the basestation. Mobile Data is enabled on my phone, as otherwide HotSpot capability is disabled, although I tried disabling all the same with no change.

I should point out that Nothing has changed in my home network, and basestation and camera firmware updates were a while ago in June so I don't believe something changed there. At the same time this error started, I and many others started receiving "Doorbell back online" messages (reported in another thread), which Arlo somehow resolved at the backend. I have to assume this is further collateral damage created by an internal change.

Not sure what I can do next, other than remove everything from my account and re-add them - I'm resisting that Ground Zero test for as long as I can. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update, I will continue to investigate this for you. 

punchbuggy
Guide
Guide

Thanks Shane - I appreciate that. Worth noting that another mod, StephenB on the Ultra2 forum, has this error on one of his two basestations also. That's odd, as the basestations are identical and configured the same. Anyway, he's reported it to tech support.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@punchbuggy wrote:

Worth noting that another mod, StephenB on the Ultra2 forum

Clarification: I am not a mod.

josephali_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you had any luck with a solution for this? I am facing the same issue. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This will be a common question for a while. Which UI are you seeing - the old/original one with the Library or the new one with Feed? The answers will depend on which one you're using.

There's been an issue with the original UI that hasn't been resolved yet. It doesn't affect everyone but a possible solution is to remove the base/hub and start fresh. No idea why. 

The new UI shows local recordings but it's buried. Click on the profile icon (looks like a person at the top left), your location (typically Home), Devices and then scroll down to your hub and click on that. Finally click on Storage Settings which will show today's recordings with no thumbnail, just as before. There's a "calendar" icon at the top right to click on if you want to see previous days' videos.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation