Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Videos Not Available on Base Station

maharrm
Tutor
Tutor

I recently started to experience the error, “Videos stored on Base Station are not available. Please check connection settings.” when trying to access locally stored videos in the Library (I have a VMB5000r5 base station recording to a microSD card). 

I have previously been able to access videos with Port Forwarding enabled and also without Port Forwarding when connected to my home network. 

I have again disabled Port Forwarding and am connected on my home network, but still receive the same error.

i can see from the storage setting info that my microSD card appears to be saving videos as the amount of space used is increasing.

Anyone else experiencing this error recently? Thanks. 

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The development team is working on the fix for the issue with the remote access. I will provide another update as soon as I have more information related to the release. 

Thank you for your patience

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, the development team is investing these reports and I will be updating the thread with more information as soon as I receive it. 

516 REPLIES 516
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DvxAznxvb wrote:

i have several cameras and i am trying to get everyone in my family to get access but it only works on my singular device; VMB5000 with sd card

Are all of them sharing your account?  Local recordings cannot be shared.

Also, there has been a bug in port forwarding in the iPhone app for some time now (reported in late May).  Can you confirm that remote access is still working for you?

Pagly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, at least for me, it’s not 100% working. Now it works again to see stored videos from local network, but stil not working out of home.

Henrysky
Apprentice
Apprentice

Work from local network, but still not working out of home.

Version at 5.0, no update.

nhudon
Tutor
Tutor

Works fine for me.

Update isn’t already automatically suggested.

Go in AppStore and update tje Arlo App manually by searching for the app.

DvxAznxvb
Aspirant
Aspirant

remote access still is working on my iphone (which is the one that has set it up) but my ipad and other members dont have the ability to view outside of local wifi

what does the bug actually mess with? the base station or the ability to do a vpn or any router settings?

DvxAznxvb
Aspirant
Aspirant

i know how to do port forwarding on my asus router; i have refreshed it several times and it pops in and out of available and not available; the cameras are linked to the base station so theres no direct IP address for the cameras to the router for me to even look it up; i cannot access the base station cause its locked off unless someone has a way to work around that

i have my credentials shared with spouse and is still not able to view remotely

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DvxAznxvb wrote:

what does the bug actually mess with? the base station or the ability to do a vpn or any router settings?

Just port forwarding in the app.  VPN works.

There are reports that the most recent iPhone app solves this problem (5.01)

@DvxAznxvb wrote:

remote access still is working on my iphone (which is the one that has set it up) but my ipad and other members dont have the ability to view outside of local wifi

Again, remote access can't be shared with friend accounts.  Is everyone using the same credentials?

DvxAznxvb
Aspirant
Aspirant

they are using the exact login info that i am using and it still isnt working

Angussprings
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Arlo. Works great again. Disappointed it took so long for a resolution but I was patient. 

dujcym18
Guide
Guide

what do you mean? it is not fixed. it is still not available to watch recorded video on base station after port forwarding. 

Angussprings
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went to the App Store and searched for Arlo. Next to Arlo it said open (do not open) touch to the left on the Arlo app and it will show update. Update the app. Mine works great again. If yous does not then check to make sure the port number in Arlo matches the open port in your router. 

dujcym18
Guide
Guide

Thanks buddy! not sure why it is so tricky and it does work after following your instruction 

JohnnyPHM
Tutor
Tutor

After the latest version update (iOS- version 5.0.1), I FINALLY can access my base station via the external network. 

yasserali1977
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for ur update. However, it was working before.

gbweir
Star
Star

It's good to see some users are having success. Mine is still **bleep**.

No external access and very slow accessing base station.

Before this happened never had to use port forwarding.

Still awaiting a resolution.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@yasserali1977 wrote:

Thanks for ur update. However, it was working before.

Were you using Android?   The app bug was only in iOS.

yasserali1977
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED: --> This is how I resolve the issue of getting the port forwarding status "unavailable" all the time.

Solution: in the ARLO application go to feed, on the top right press ..., select Feed setting, Devices, disable all camera devices then save changes. It will work 🙂