Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Videos Not Available on Base Station

maharrm
Tutor
Tutor

I recently started to experience the error, “Videos stored on Base Station are not available. Please check connection settings.” when trying to access locally stored videos in the Library (I have a VMB5000r5 base station recording to a microSD card). 

I have previously been able to access videos with Port Forwarding enabled and also without Port Forwarding when connected to my home network. 

I have again disabled Port Forwarding and am connected on my home network, but still receive the same error.

i can see from the storage setting info that my microSD card appears to be saving videos as the amount of space used is increasing.

Anyone else experiencing this error recently? Thanks. 

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The development team is working on the fix for the issue with the remote access. I will provide another update as soon as I have more information related to the release. 

Thank you for your patience

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, the development team is investing these reports and I will be updating the thread with more information as soon as I receive it. 

516 REPLIES 516
ZWick
Aspirant
Aspirant

is port forwarding working for you? Android or iPhone? I'm on a trail so want to know how it will be after the trail expires and whether it's worth getting more Arlo cams or not.

Sourour2
Guide
Guide

Nope it is not working on my iPhone and I doubt if it will ever work. If Arlo wanted to fix it, they would have done by now. I would not buy another Arlo camera. 

clausenper
Aspirant
Aspirant

Work on Android, not on iPhone.

On August 30 Arlo moderator wrote that development team is looking into this issue (see list of Best answers).

Let's all cross our fingers and hope this irritating issue will be resolved soon.

BobAs
Initiate
Initiate

I recently received this update from Arlo it has taken them way to long to get to this point.....

We want to notify you that we have identified the underlying cause of the issue reported in case 44138136, and our team is actively working on implementing a fix that will be released shortly.
There is no action required on your part at this time.
We acknowledge the inconvenience this has caused and sincerely appreciate your patience as we diligently work towards resolving the matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
The Arlo Team

Angussprings
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Looking forward to the resolution. 

RobertSydney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Everyone,

yes I am also very upset with Arlo at times. 

in this instance of the problem we are seeing in this thread, my sd card appears to have been corrupted.

swapped out cards and recordings still not being displayed.

i went into my iOS settings for Arlo Secure app and discovered that the “Local Network “ choice had been deactivated by the update.

I turned it back on and viola i can view my recordings again.

this appears to be a very basic item missed in testing new updates from the people changing code and app settings to see the effects of their changes before releasing them into production. I could not see any release notes or warnings during the update so would never suspect a setting in the app would have changed.

anyway I hope this assists many people.

Robert

esko79
Guide
Guide

Hi, suddently I couldn't get remote access to my recordings from the Arlo app. It says "no available" (in Danish though). The port is open (canyouseeme.org), it's forwarded to my Arlo Base Station. I've attached som screenshots. Can anyone help??

Canyouseeme.org:

Skærmbillede 2024-09-15 084517.png

Port-forwarding in my router:

tilgin.png

Error display in my Arlo app

Skærmbillede 2024-09-15 kl. 08.44.15.jpeg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@esko79 wrote:

Hi, suddently I couldn't get remote access to my recordings from the Arlo app.

Are you using an iPhone?  This is a known bug in the iOS app - it was first reported here in late May.

esko79
Guide
Guide

Hi, yes I use iOS. What do I do then?

esben

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@esko79 wrote:

Hi, yes I use iOS. What do I do then?

Either

1. set up a home VPN and use that instead
  2. wait for Arlo to fix the bug.
esko79
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the tip. Would you maybe have a link to a site with setup instructions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any instructions for a home VPN would be in your router's manual. Not all routers support this but many do. 

yasserali1977
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the Ultra 2 bundle from Costco.  The free trial expired .

I have been using local storage since day one but since the trial expired i can't access my videos outside of my LAN. I enabled the port forwarding feature in the Arlo app, enabled port forwarding for my router + put the IP address and ports from the Arlo app in my bgw 321 AT&T modem router (Fiberobtics).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186482731420?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mksc...

I doubled check all the numbers but I still cannot access my videos outside of my LAN.

I called AT&T and they said everything is ok from their side. I callled ARLO they said, call AT&T.

they just send me to each other.

Please note that with the regular cox internet, I have no issue like that and the port forwarding was working very well. I had this issue, when I got the new BGW321 modem 😞

What else is blocking this feature from working properly?

Thank you.

DvxAznxvb
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have several cameras and i am trying to get everyone in my family to get access but it only works on my singular device; VMB5000 with sd card

all other devices access just fine but port forwarding is unavailable on other devices besides one

holenco1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo wireless doorbell and it works as expected when the firewall rules do not have egress (outbound) restrictions.

When I limit the device to only have ports 80, 443 and 123 as Arlo documentation suggests, I can still view the camera and get alerts when the doorbell button is pressed, but 2 way talk does not work.

Which additional ports are needed to enable this?

thomas642daniel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

You are getting remote access to your cameras on multiple devices and specifically dealing with port forwarding issues.

First check your IP address verify that the cameras are using the correct IP addresses in their settings and match the forwarded ports. after double-check the port forwarding rules in your router’s settings to ensure they are set up correctly for each camera.

Hope that helps!

andy445566
Tutor
Tutor

The iOs port forwarding issue appears to be fixed (at least for me) with the new release today of 5.01. 

Pauld33
Guide
Guide

Can confirm - yes with the latest update it is now working for me again on iOS.

Petersson20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I also confirm. Works as intended again(finally) 😀

ZWick
Aspirant
Aspirant

So what are the benefits of this? 

Besides viewing/downloading the videos, do we get smart notifications.

Vnkstr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep works!!! Even in iOS 18!

FINALLY!!!

Sourour2
Guide
Guide

Port forwarding still not working for me on my Arlo pro 4 xl Costco version

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@yasserali1977 wrote:

What else is blocking this feature from working properly?

Are you using an iPhone?

There is a bug in Arlo's iOS app - port forwarding doesn't work with iPhones at the moment.

briancarp
Tutor
Tutor

I'm glad they apparently have fixed it after so many months.  I'm sure there are a lot of people like me that had to move to another camera infrastructure.  I had 3 Arlo cameras and Arlo doorbell.  I had to replace the entire setup, I just couldn't go months without being able to view videos.

Sourour2
Guide
Guide

Actually it did work after the latest iOS update ver 5.01