Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

maharrm
Tutor
Tutor

I recently started to experience the error, “Videos stored on Base Station are not available. Please check connection settings.” when trying to access locally stored videos in the Library (I have a VMB5000r5 base station recording to a microSD card). 

I have previously been able to access videos with Port Forwarding enabled and also without Port Forwarding when connected to my home network. 

I have again disabled Port Forwarding and am connected on my home network, but still receive the same error.

i can see from the storage setting info that my microSD card appears to be saving videos as the amount of space used is increasing.

Anyone else experiencing this error recently? Thanks. 

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The development team is working on the fix for the issue with the remote access. I will provide another update as soon as I have more information related to the release. 

Thank you for your patience

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, the development team is investing these reports and I will be updating the thread with more information as soon as I receive it. 

516 REPLIES 516
Petersson20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue with port forwarding suddenly stopped working

mcbaina
Aspirant
Aspirant

About 24 months ago I happily connected an external drive to the Arlo Base everything was working fine.

Around 2-3 months ago the showing of locally stored videos stopped and I get an error "Videos stored on Arlo base are not available".

The base shows a grey USB icon claiming no USB device is connected, but under the locally record setting it sees the device and reports the correct disk details.

If you unplug the drive and connect it to a PC the recordings are there....

I tried a new flash drive, Arlo base sees the drive and will format it but still will not show the recordings through the app and again grey USB icon.

I have not knowing updated the firmware in the last few months and changed nothing else....

Confused

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you power cycled the hub to see what happens? 

mcbaina
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes several times and no change.

gbweir
Star
Star

As a jester of goodwill Arlo should give free access to the cloud until the problem fixed. 

Bhatnasx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having this same issue.   Just downloaded the new iPhone app software as well.    Any resolution? 

Bhatnasx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB4540, two Arlo Pro 3 & and another indoor camera.  

Port Forwarding seems to have stopped working for my iPhone.  

seems that a LOT of people are having this issue.  When will it be fixed?   

EY88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone complained to Arlo tech support regarding this issue? Maybe we should post our dissatisfaction with the Arlo product. Any thoughts on that?

EY88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you 🙏 

zoopy
Tutor
Tutor

Just updated to iOS 17.6 and still no port forwarding. Almost 2 months has passed with no access to local recordings.. arlo updated their app a couple times during these 2 months.  unacceptable. 

christerlind
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got an email today from Arlo support aboute my ticket regarding this problem. They are working hard to solve it so for compensate me they offer 6 months on the cloude for free and they should contact me again when the problem with portforwarding is solved.

nhudon
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

What is the email you wrote to ?

And did you asked for anything so that they offer you 6 months free on the cloud ?

thanks

christerlind
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was complaining aboute portforwarding didn´t work and they start a ticket aboute the problem

Pagly
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem is that if you don’t have a payed subscription, you cannot even talk with support. An e-mail address would be usefull.

christerlind
Aspirant
Aspirant

Logg in to your  My Arlo and go in under support and there  are a telefon number you can call.Namnlös.jpg

zoopy
Tutor
Tutor

Called that number and had a representative put me on hold then hung up on me. Love Arlo support. This company is garbage. 

cammerz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sounds familiar. Customer support is awful, the fact they haven’t fixed it yet tells me they’re just counting on people paying for the cloud subscription to get around it

Connie618
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why the port forwarding not work?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're on iOS, there's a known bug that has to be fixed.

FatBearDream
Initiate
Initiate

Hello, I just try to set up my Arlo Cam.

When I set up "Direct Storage Access" in the app and finished "Port Forwarding", it is still not working in my Arlo app in IPhone.

But I try to Open Arlo App in Android System, it work!

anyone knok how to fix this problem? (Except buying a Android Phone 😞 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If your router includes VPN support (most Netgear ones do) you can use that instead. 

briancarp
Tutor
Tutor

Still no resolution by Arlo?  What is strange is that  the iPhone app fails (iOS 17.5.1), but the iPad (17.5.1) works?  Both show "Not Available" for Port Forwarding status, but the iPad lets me view locally stored videos.

roberal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo VMB5000 base station which has been working successfully with 4 cameras over the past 2 years. However a couple of weeks ago I started receiving errors that “videos stored on base station are not available” when using the iOSapp outside my home network. 

Nothing has changed on my network or my Arlo configuration recently. 

When investigating I found in the device settings that port forwarding although configured correctly has status “not available”. I have checked through other applications that the relevant port is open externally and not now sure what could have gone wrong unless it has been caused by an Arlo software update. 

My base station has a direct wired connection to my home modem. 

Without remote access to the library the cameras don’t add a lot of value. Any suggestions on how this can be resolved?

IMG_9091.jpeg

IMG_9090.jpeg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@roberal wrote:

I have an Arlo VMB5000 base station which has been working successfully with 4 cameras over the past 2 years. However a couple of weeks ago I started receiving errors that “videos stored on base station are not available” when using the iOSapp outside my home network. 

It's a bug in the iOS app.  It was first reported here about 2 months ago.  Unfortunately Arlo hasn't said when they will fix it.

Scooter90
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an R6700v3. How would I go about doing this?