Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Thumbnail showing person, recording nothing

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
T4Viral
Aspirant
Aspirant
So....another problem with alro cameras.

Last night my cameras detected motion (ya they actually worked this time!!!!) and the thumbnail clearly shows someone trying to steal my car. Sadly the recording shows NOTHING! I have two cameras pointed at my car, and both thumbnails show the individual, and both cameras nothing. I have the recordings set for 120 second recordings with motion, and one camera recorded 18 seconds! I wish I could return EVERYTHING!!! Don’t buy Arlo cameras!!!!
5 REPLIES 5
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

This was happening to mine when I had them set to a fixed time length.  Brought it up on here and they had me send a couple to look at, never heard a word back and the problem continued.  Had to set them back to record till motion stops to get them to work more than a snapshot but then your back to the recording stopping while motion is still going on.  At least it's some video.

T4Viral
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any lawsuits against them yet? This is crazy
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

That's what I as thinking last night.  Yesterday was payment day and they turned off 2 of my cams saying I needed a subscription to activate them.  Of course I have and I checked and the payment came out of the bank.  It took 1 1/2 hours between phone and live support to get them back on.  So I'm thinking, if something happens while cams I'm paying for are turned off, can I sue ?

stewgotz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anything stored on the the SD card?

T4Viral
Aspirant
Aspirant
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation