Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMS5140 Camera not recording. Pro 2 seems to work fine but not Ultra.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
G410
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a 1 camera ultra system because I wanted better video the Ultra camera offered. I set up the smart hub base station , added the new ultra camera, but it will not record video. I had 2 Arlo cameras and an Arlo pro 2 that seems to work fine on the new base station but I cannot get the new Ultra camera to record! Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
G410
Aspirant
Aspirant

so to be clear..if I don't want to pay for a subscription and keep my VMB4000; the Ultra camera is useless! It defeats the purpose of having a security camera if you would have to view video on a Flash Drive. I guess the it's best to keep an Arlo or Arlo Pro 2 in use with the 4000 base! Would this be correct?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you use live view? Have you checked your modes and rules to verify that the camera is armed? You may need to remove and resync that camera.

G410
Aspirant
Aspirant

Than you..yes I can use live view. I've removed and added this camera 3 times to no avail. I cannot get the camera to turn on in any mode under edit rule. The light stays green on do nothing, I cannot activate the green light on record video. I reinstalled my older VMB4000 this morning added 2 pro camera and 1 pro 2 and they work fine, but I cannot get the Ultra camera to work on either base. Presently I'm staying with the VMB4000. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect your issue is that you haven't chosen a camera to record so only Do Nothing is available. There should be a selection just above Do Nothing/Record to choose a camera.

G410
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have chosen a camera . The activate siren light can be turned on and off but not the record light! I can get a motion detection on my phone but no video! Someone  told me that I need a flash drive in the VMB4000 to see Video on my phone like I can do with the pro and pro 2 cameras when using an Ultra camera. Is this true? do you know whats needed and how to do this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you don't have a subscription of any sort for the camera (you should have gotten a trial sub when installing), you can only have local recordings. You can use the app to view them using the VMB5000 but you'd need to safely eject the drive for viewing on a computer with the VMB4000.

G410
Aspirant
Aspirant

so to be clear..if I don't want to pay for a subscription and keep my VMB4000; the Ultra camera is useless! It defeats the purpose of having a security camera if you would have to view video on a Flash Drive. I guess the it's best to keep an Arlo or Arlo Pro 2 in use with the 4000 base! Would this be correct?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation