Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB5000 granted access local storage

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jimca
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got a new Arlo VMB5000 and store all videos locally.  I am the admin.  I can access local storage and have no interest in using the cloud.  I granted access to my wife to all cameras and access rights.  Unfortunately, she is unable to access videos on local storage.  She can access the cloud but I want everyone to be using local storage only.  What do I have to configure to allow her access to local storage? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Currently, that isn't possible although many requests have been made to add that capability. Maybe down the road an update will provide that but we have no way of knowing if that will happen.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Currently, that isn't possible although many requests have been made to add that capability. Maybe down the road an update will provide that but we have no way of knowing if that will happen.

jimca
Aspirant
Aspirant

I won't subscribe to cloud subscription services.  If users can't access local videos it makes arlo useless to them.  Eufy and other cameras can all access local video storage without a subscription.  Looks like arlo isn't competitve, so I think I will switch to them.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jimca wrote:

I won't subscribe to cloud subscription services.  Eufy and other cameras can all access local video storage without a subscription. 

FWIW, even if they access local video w/o a subscription, Eufy (like Arlo) still uses a cloud service for notification, etc.  They might also use their cloud to facilitate remote access to your local storage. 

If this is just about cost, that likely doesn't matter to you.  However, if you are chiefly concerned about privacy, it might.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation