Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB5000 SmartHub has failed and trying to get a replacement

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
schustmi
Tutor
Tutor
I bought an Arlo Ultra 2 camera system in Sept 2019. New out of the box 1 camera was defective (microphone with a constant crackling noise). As I only needed 1 camera at the time and the Big Box electronic retailer only had the 1 in stock, I elected to keep what I had and address the defective camera with Customer Support. Wow, that was a mistake. I eventually did get a replacement camera but it took 4 calls to customer service (with long wait times) and 16 days before I received the RMA form.

Now, 10 months later, my VMB5000 base station has failed (no LED's lit, adequate power coming from the power adapter). So, I called Customer Support again. With my first call they acknowledged that I had performed the correct trouble shooting and that it was a faulty unit. But, getting to the next step has been incredibly painful. They initially told me that they couldn't request an RMA because my VMB5000 S/N was not recognized by their system and they had to contact engineering. But, they told me they would call me back the same day. I never heard back from them. So, 2 days later I contacted them by chat. After an hour-long discussion (rehashing what I had done) they wrote that they would send me an RMA form. But, all I received was an email asking when/where I purchased the system. I replied with the info they requested and a copy of my receipt. When I didn't hear back, I submitted the same information daily for 3 days. On the third day they replied that they would request approval of replacement from the appropriate team. That was 3 days ago.

Why is it so painful? I understand the issues surrounding COVID but my experience was the same last September. It's as if no one wants to be the one to issue an RMA. It is absolutely the worst customer service I have dealt with. Any advice on how I can make this move faster? 
5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey schustmi,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you about your experience with the support team.

schustmi
Tutor
Tutor

So, I was PM'd and I sent my information to Arlo about my case. I was subsequently contacted by customer support on 7/21, but all they could tell me is that the problem is on their end and it may take "some time" to fix. She acknowledged that the problem has to do with the serial number on my base station (although they already exchanged a defective camera from the same Ultra Bundle). So frustrating. I am almost at 3 weeks without a functioning system. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've escalated to the team about your case again and they should reach out to you through your case after they finish reviewing your case.

schustmi
Tutor
Tutor

Still no resolution. All they tell me is that they are working on it. What is so hard about replacing a defective base station?  This is so frustrating.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've escalated your case to the team again and they should reach out to you via phone with an update. If they don't hear back, they will update you through your case via email.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation