Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB5000 NA (north america?) hub with 2 Ultra cameras - US unit now in the UK and ethernet not firing

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
PGTipz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in the UK, I've just bought a refurbished 2 camera Ultra kit from the US and everything has arrived as promised. 

Unfortunately the hub is yet to connect to my wifi router.

Yes i have connected the hub to the wifi router with two different CAT5 cables, yes i've tested both cables between router and two laptops, both laptops fired up the green and yellow ethernet lights and carried internet.

The Ultra hub slowly flashes amber, so that is working fine.

The Factory reset hasn't done anything on the two times i've done it.

Any suggestions welcome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The hub slowly flashing amber is a problem. It should cycle between blue and amber while booting up (~2 minutes) but then simply turn blue. It seems like the hub already thinks it's in some account but can't find its cameras:

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

The previous owner must remove the hub from his account before you can claim it. I suspect the refurbished nature is something you would need to backtrack via the seller or get a replacement from them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The hub slowly flashing amber is a problem. It should cycle between blue and amber while booting up (~2 minutes) but then simply turn blue. It seems like the hub already thinks it's in some account but can't find its cameras:

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

The previous owner must remove the hub from his account before you can claim it. I suspect the refurbished nature is something you would need to backtrack via the seller or get a replacement from them.

PGTipz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, that makes sense as a possibility. 

Doesn't (or does it?!) answer why the link and activity lights don't flash on the router when the hub is connected to my router.

You'd think a factory reset would put paid to that. What do you think?

PGTipz
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED

I dug out another power supply which has cured all ills - hub is mine, the two cameras are linked to the hub, all is well!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation