VMB5000 Base station not seen by app

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SyberianTyger
Aspirant
Aspirant

My VMB5000 is now not seen by the Arlo App after update on 20/06/24. Tried factory reset, connecting to main hub on my Net gear Mesh System. When powered up and connected to router, there is a blue light on front of base station.

12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SyberianTyger wrote:

My VMB5000 is now not seen by the Arlo App after update on 20/06/24. Tried factory reset, connecting to main hub on my Net gear Mesh System. 

Did you remove the smarthub from your account, and then add it back after the reset?

SyberianTyger
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed it from my account but cannot see how to add back in. My account seems to not want to let me do anything as I do not have a subscription. I store my videos on a sim card and back up to a local drive. Could this be the reason??

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SyberianTyger wrote:

I removed it from my account but cannot see how to add back in. My account seems to not want to let me do anything as I do not have a subscription.

Are you using the app on the phone?  Or my.arlo.com?

Do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" in the app?  Or do you see "Library" instead?

SyberianTyger
Aspirant
Aspirant

Primarily phone.

When I open the app it just asks me to add a device. When I follow the process, it searches for a devices and returns device cannot be found even though there is a blue light on the front showing connected to internet.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SyberianTyger wrote:

Primarily phone.

When I open the app it just asks me to add a device. When I follow the process, it searches for a devices and returns device cannot be found even though there is a blue light on the front showing connected to internet.

Do a factory reset of the base with a paper clip and try again.  If you use a VPN, then make sure it is disabled, and that the phone is connected to your home wifi.

If that fails, try using my.arlo.com on a PC (not a mobile device).  That sometimes works then the app fails.

SyberianTyger
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried again on mobile app with VPN dissconnected, nothing.

Tried Imac with VPN dissconnected, nothing. Same message, cannot find base station.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SyberianTyger wrote:

Tried again on mobile app with VPN dissconnected, nothing.

Tried Imac with VPN dissconnected, nothing. Same message, cannot find base station.

This is after you did the paper-clip reset?

SyberianTyger
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes twice, once after removing VPN on app and agin before using IMac

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SyberianTyger wrote:

Yes twice, once after removing VPN on app and agin before using IMac

Are you seeing the base in your router's attached device list?

SyberianTyger
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a bit confusing that you are still seeing the blue LED on the base after the reset.

I'm tagging the mods - @JamesC@ShayneS , @BrookeN  - so they can create a support ticket for you.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SyberianTyger 

I have escalated this for you and Support will be reaching out as soon as possible

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation