VB5000

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JamesWilliam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I can’t add my Arlo ultra to Apple home. It keeps giving an error of can’t add accessory. Please can you help? I am using a base station VB5000 and home on IOS 17.5.1

15 REPLIES 15
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions

How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

https://kb.arlo.com/000063184

JamesWilliam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done what you requested and now it finds the base station but says HomeKit setup failed retry. If I retry it says the same thing. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Try logging out and logging back in and then resetting the basestation and try again please. 

JamesWilliam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have done that but it still not finding the base station. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JamesWilliam I do not see that any of the devices were re-onbaorded to the basestation. You will need to do a full reset on onboard the devices again. 

JamesWilliam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done what you asked and re installed everything. It now finds the base station but says unable to add accessory, timed out. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I reset that token again. Can you reboot the base station then follow the instructions within the link I sent previously for setting up without a code. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-camera-to-Apple-HomeKit

JamesWilliam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I did that and it found the base station and said connecting then said operation timed out. Now it can’t find the base station again. 

JamesWilliam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there anything else I can do? The errors are-: ether, “can’t find the base station”, finds it and times out or says “accessory already exists in Home”. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you provide me a screenshot of the error as well as what you are seeing in Apple Home?

JamesWilliam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I am currently after until Thursday. Once back I will send screen shots of the error messages. Thanks 

JamesWilliam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

IMG_0308.jpeg

Hello, when I try to connect Apple HomeKit I am just getting this and nothing else. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Try logging out and logging back in, resetting the basestation and see if it will allow you to follow the instructions to set up without a code. If that happens not to work the next step would be a full reset of the basestation and re-onboarding the cameras. 

JamesWilliam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have now managed to connect the cameras and they worked for a day. The next day they all say “not responding” 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When you connected the cameras to homekit did you do a full reset?

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation