Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Utra Needs to Work Better with Existing Arlo Products

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
babyasta
Initiate
Initiate

I was considering upgrading to Alro Ultra Cameras, but have existing Pro2 cameras tied into solar panels.  Apparently the new solar panels are not adaptable to the Ultra Cameras.  Further, I have to use extension cables for some of the solar panels to locate them in the sun.  I don't want to go through the additional expense and hassle of changing the solar panels.  Arlo to make an adaptor or cable to enable the Pro2 solar panels to be used with Ultra Cameras.

2 REPLIES 2
babyasta
Initiate
Initiate

Follow up.  As a result, I will not be upgrading to Ultra.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@babyasta wrote:

Arlo to make an adaptor or cable to enable the Pro2 solar panels to be used with Ultra Cameras.

Good idea. Have you suggested that in the Arlo Idea Exchange - Arlo Communities?

Arlo seems to be well behind the curve when it comes to Ultra accessories.  It shoved the cameras out before any of the usual bits and pieces that you need for a "systems" approach. There aren't even outdoor chargers, let alone solar adapters. Some markets don't even have standalone hubs.

By the way, the "third party" (aka knock-off makers) suppliers seem to be ahead of Arlo for some bits and pieces.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation