Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Chisolm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Ultras, and they are set up to record for max 300 sec. until movement stops.  my recordings rarely go past 20 seconds, the longest i've seen is 1:12, when my girlfriend and i were on the deck, and we were clearly still moving, and it stopped.  and it didn't start another recording.  

that bothers me greatly, cause if someone were to be at the door or window trying to break in, it seems it would stop while there was still movement.

anyone else having this problem, or suggestions?  my motion sesitivity is at 80%, i haven't tried turning it to 100%.  maybe that would help?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Higher sensitivity in your modes and rules may help but first you have to understand the process. The CAMERA has to determine that there's motion, not your eyes. Sensitivity, distance from the camera, angle of the motion relative to the camera, etc. all play together to determine if the camera still senses motion. If anything causes that detection to cease, recording stops. The record until motion stops setting is probably best used for  camera locations where motion has to remain close to the camera rather than larger and/or wide open spaces.

Chisolm
Aspirant
Aspirant
So if I used the fixed time, and there is still movement, will it instantly restart another recording?
dcfox1
Master
Master

Mine record the whole set time. Even when motion stopped. Sometimes the Pan and Zoom starts moving away from what stopped like its looking for motion but it usually finds it again when motion starts again.  But u can turn that option off.  It does restart again if motion but will be a delay in my experience. I have one set for 90 sec. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation