Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra status - any update from Arlo?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jack-Malin
Star
Star

I read that Arlo is suspending sales of Ultra until more stable.

But I did not find a press release or a communication from Arlo to customers of this decisions and the implications for current customers.

Can we have a statement from Arlo on what happens to current Ultra customers? I have installed 6 Ultra cameras and I have accessories on order. Can we get a reasonable reassurance that the hardware is considered stable and will not be changed/upgraded shortly.

I can live with the cameras as long as firmware and software continue to improve, but I don't want to be at a disadvantage by not returning the cameras now.

Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our product team as well as Best Buy decided to take the product offline to limit the sales to their physical retail channel to take advantage of the expertise of the Best Buy in-store associates as we issued several firmware updates to address some of the unique issues in certain environments. We are now seeing some positive feedback on the forums from users in these environments. We are continuing to investigate reported issues and will be releasing firmware updates to solve these challenges.

Jack-Malin
Star
Star

James, thanks for your answer, but maybe Arlo may want to consider to be a bit more encouraging towards early adopters of Ultra and reassure them that they will be taken care of if the experience with the product will require.

On a separate suggestion, I wrote a pretty long review of my experience using a different email than my registered Arlo email, as I could not figure out if my real full name would show up if I used the registered email. When I posted that review, it disappeared -- I thought that maybe you don't post if not registered, but maybe it was something else... You should have some explanation of how the registration on the Community works and that one can select an alias for posting. Just a suggestion.

My review was somewhat critical, but encouraging. I have been able to have the cameras working satisfactorily. I don't have a copy of that review to repost.

I understand that Arlo has a number of challenges at the moment, but I also believe many of the users here (including myself) want Arlo to succeed and their feedback is constructive.  I would encourage Arlo management to be a bit more explicitly supportive of their users.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We absolutely encourage the feedback. Send me a private message with the email address you used to write up the review and I'll see if I can't track down what happened to it.

You can send me a private message by clicking on my name here in the community and on my profile you should see a button to send private message.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation