Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jambotatu
Guide
Guide
The white ultra skin with hood kills the night vision. This forum doesn’t seem to allow more than one file upload so I will post a reply with the result of what happens after folding back the hood
9 REPLIES 9
Jambotatu
Guide
Guide
Here is the result of folding back the hood
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

What brand do you have ?  I've had the Wasserstein skins with a hood on for more than 2 months and have never lost night vision.

Jambotatu
Guide
Guide
I bought them from a German firm kw-commerce. Good quality. You can clearly see the outline of the hood. Can you post a photo with the hood on please? I bought some black hoods from same dealer for a pro. No issues with black on that. Thanks for responding
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Bought mine on Amazon, they have great pics to see,  they are Wasserstein and mine are black because that was the only color they had at the time in the hooded ones.  I run mine in the 180 degrees mode so there is a slight halo at the outer edges at night that seems a little more pronounced with the hood but that is all.

Jambotatu
Guide
Guide
Ok. I did say that problem was with white skins. I’ve put black skins on a pro because I wanted to conceal it and have no problems with that. The problem with white is that it reflects affects the IR. I’m having similar problems with placing an ultra under white eaves on a white wall it affects the IR response
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I tried to add a video taken at midnight but can't figure out how to add it, when I click on video it asks for a URL.  Did notice with the updated camera firmware I don't even get the halo now.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

interesting,  mine are all under white eaves with no issue, a couple of the mounts are even screwed to the underside.  

Jambotatu
Guide
Guide
Ok. Take a vid with the IPhone. Play it back and pause it somewhere then take a screen shot. It will appear in your photos
Jambotatu
Guide
Guide
The problem with my placement is that it points along the eaves and the white wall to the front door. I’m going to try to place it outside the eaves. Thanks for responding
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation