Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra's detect movement every time schedule starts

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BJT_Ultra
Guide
Guide

Hello,

Every time my cameras start on schedule they record it as movement. I have several start/stop times each day, so for each start stop time I get each of the cameras recordings. Is there a fix for this or is this a known issue?

BJT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BJT_Ultra
Guide
Guide

I managed to fix this by removing the cameras and re-adding them.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Can you explain what you are doing?

Here at least, cameras don't have a schedule to start them.

The schedule is for turning modes on and off. And modes relate to what happens on particular cameras.

Is that what you mean? You see recordings related to mode schedules? Or are you doing something else?

I see no recordings tied to when the schedule starts a particular mode.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
BJT_Ultra
Guide
Guide

Each time the schedule starts - which sets the mode to 'Armed' all the cameras start recording. They all record as 'movement' at the start time. This happens at every start time for all cameras.

FAZZAMJF
Guide
Guide
I have the same issue. It’s been going on for the last two months it seems. All the indoor cameras (4) will trigger and record a 10second clip (each). I will then get 4 emails saying they detected motion. Watching the clips back nothing happens. Also randomly Arlo Smart AI will detect one of these cameras as “person detected” which causes me to always check! But it’s alway an empty room.

I have 6x Arlo Ultra Cameras with a day/night schedule for the outside cameras (2of them). I also use IFTTT with location tracking (arms all 6 cameras when I leave, disarm on return). Only the indoor cameras ever trigger false alerts and recordings for motion.

My guess is this...

When ever the first person logs into the Arlo app, all cameras will “click”. I think this triggers the cameras to records (if armed), but why it detects this as motion I am not sure. Do these camera have a shutter? The same “click” is also caused by switching to Armed mode manually.

I think the indoor cameras trigger because the sound of the click will be louder than the outside cameras (due to how the sound dissipates in the areas around the cameras).

I will try and grab firmware versions affected by this bug.

Hope someone can fix it this issue.

Cheers,

FAZ
FAZZAMJF
Guide
Guide
Just to add...

I’m this hasn’t been an issue before and settings haven’t changed my side for over a year.

Cameras as set to trigger for both audio and motion (both default settings).

I mention this as I believe the “click” sound is triggering the recordings, but the “motion” or “person” detected messages are both wrong.

Firmwares...

Cameras = 1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1
Base = 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04

Cheer,
FAZ
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FAZZAMJF wrote:

I mention this as I believe the “click” sound is triggering the recordings, 

There is a filter for Nightvision, and when that is shifted it will create a click.  If IFFFT triggers live streaming or a snapshot, then that could create clicks in all cameras.

That shouldn't self-trigger the camera though.  Have you tried changing the audio threshold?  Or just disable it as a test, and see if the problem stops?

BJT_Ultra
Guide
Guide

I managed to fix this by removing the cameras and re-adding them.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation