Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
jumbo469
Guide
Guide

For the last 2 weeks all cameras have been playing up.
1. I have been getting notifications but some not recording.
2. Cameras are on but no notifications received when triggered.
3. Camera is switch off but still working.

Lots of erratic issues even after resetting everything cameras hub app. Definitely not my end. I hope this camera system doesn’t end up compromising my security. Please sort it out, 3 camera a hub and brackets just causing me a headache.

13 REPLIES 13
jumbo469
Guide
Guide
Hi ShayneS, I have contacted them a few days ago but haven’t had a response, which in itself is worrying and leads me to assume that the problem isn’t something that they can resolve?
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is one of the many problems I've had with Arlo too, I will receive notifications but not recordings. Hope it gets worked out. Checked all mode/rule settings, reset everything etc.
Neto4ss
Aspirant
Aspirant
Could it be a firmware issue. I just replaced my smart hub and continue to have the same issue. I have reset and rebooted the entire system, to include removing and reinstalling cameras on my network. Very frustrated with Arlo right now. The latest update has not fixed the issue as they claim.
jumbo469
Guide
Guide
Hi there, it’s definitely something to do with Arlo, and I have a feeling that they will ask this and that knowing full well that the issue is at there end. Admission would help and knowing that they are working to resolve would be the honest way to approach the situation.
jumbo469
Guide
Guide
Yes Unfortunately it’s a very expensive problem for us hopefully no one gets comprised while it’s being sorted
dcfox1
Master
Master

Do any of you guys have the same problem with the the Pro3's if you have one?. Mine are working fine.  Edit: I just saw same thing there. My trial is about to expire next week  and hope it doesn't happened when I sign up for the plan. 

Rick1984
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is just driving me crazy. Now, yes I get notifications. But no recording. Now it doesn’t connect to live view just like my other one. I previously mention. I love the picture quality and wireless. But I have had nothing but problems with this arlo ultra system. I had the arlo pro before but they were 1080p so the quality doesn’t compare to what the ultra does. I hope they fix this soon. Otherwise I don’t know what Else to do or buy. Since I just use outlets to power mine. I don’t have availability to run Ethernet to buy IP hardwire cameras.

jumbo469
Guide
Guide
No response from Arlo Support for a week. No one has been in touch, I have been patient but now I’ve had enough. The cameras and the service is pathetic. I am not going to accept this, I will be sharing this with google / amazon and anywhere else that I can help. What sort of support do you call this?
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, 

I have the same issue for about 3 weeks now. Contact Arlo Support via:

https://www.arlo.com/au/support/contact.aspx

Hope this gets resolved soon!

jumbo469
Guide
Guide
Yes, common problem, I am looking forward to seeing the back of these cameras. Am going to purchase something else.
Rick1984
Aspirant
Aspirant
So today. Just randomly. One camera started to be back “online”. I have 5. 1 was acting as we said. Then another started to do the same thing. But today out of the blue it came back with the history also from a few days back. Soooooo weird. So I’m going to give another try. I didn’t do anything to actually. It just came back on
jumbo469
Guide
Guide
Yeah mine are doing that all the time sometimes work and sometimes don’t. Most of the time don’t at the moment. Okay when I view live but still not recording. Best thing I can advise is get something else that works, I’m looking for an alternative. You never know they might fix it one day.
Rick1984
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree. Unfortunately I haven’t seen anything yet. Maybe the nest? Maybe I’ll look into those. My brother has those and he said he gets cut offs once in a while. Like it goes off line. I don’t know. We will see I guess.
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation