Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra one of the cameras never records over 1 second

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
S-Mar
Guide
Guide
All camera recording times are off

One of my 4 Ultra cameras only records 1 second

the others are random, some times  5  6  or  7  seconds and the one at 37 seconds

I  can live stream all with no problem

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

S-Mar,

What is the signal strength like for each of your cameras? Who is your ISP and what are you download/upload speeds?

JamesC

S-Mar
Guide
Guide

All cameras are at ful strength except 1 and that one is the one that records more than the others

S-Mar
Guide
Guide

Not my ISP  I can manually record and it will record as long as I want it to and it goes to my library within 30 seconds.

All my cameras I have reset to record from 20 seconds to 60 seconds but they never do

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

this is an issue that is getting worse. My were only recording 13-15 sec. even thought there was still clearly motion and so I set my to record for 30 sec.to get past this.  It worked until this week where even set to record for a set time two cameras only recorded for 10 sec. and 5 sec. The one that recorded for five picked me up and then quit at 5 while I was walking right in front of it.  It is also taking longer to connect when I go live right from my couch and all show a 4 bar signal.  If  they keep go downhill I'm running out of time to get them back to Best Buy.

S-Mar
Guide
Guide
In armed mode all but one camera seem to be functioning properly. The one camera that is not records for 3 to 5 seconds.

When on one of my custom modes they do not seem to record but my old HD Arlo will record, but only for 3 seconds but is set for 25 seconds
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would delete those custom modes and create new ones with the same settings. I would also use a web browser to do this since the apps sometimes introduce problems for unknown reasons.

For the camera that doesn't work properly in the Armed mode, you can try removing the camera and resyncing it. If still a problem, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

S-Mar
Guide
Guide

Suddenly yesterday, at 7pm the camera that was recording 1 second now is recording the full 25 seconds.  All of the others are 5 to 7 seconds.  I will see if they correct themselves in the next few days

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation