Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
wharvey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow, what an eye opener.

My Arlo Ultra system, that I paid about $1200.00 for is now totally useless.

It was working fine, then suddenly stopped, no messages or alerts.

It seems that the 1 year of "free" subscription was over.

I can't live view from my computer, needs flash which is not supported by chrome.

I can't access the previous motion events.

I can't access the stored video on the base station except locally.

So basically a totally useless system.

Obviously their business model is based on forcing you to have a subscription.

I have this installed at my cabin in the mountains, what I want is email alerts that something happened, then to be able to go and take a look to see what it was. I don't want continuous uploading to the cloud since my connection is over a 4G cellular modem with minimal data available.

I feel that their advertising is deceptive and that I was cheated.

An expensive lesson.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You still have features available....

https://kb.arlo.com/000062162/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-Smart-1-year-trial-ends

You will have local record and viewing.

As to flash... move over to fire fox and flash works fine until the company switches over to html5

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

That's what happened to me a couple weeks ago, they just turned it off with a message saying I had to sign up for 2K or 4K to continue service.  No message, no notification which I'm looking into because in this state notification of plan changes must be given so many days in advance, not just change your website links.  The power company, the phone company, garbage, all services.  If you opt for the 2K plan be aware that you no longer have 4K to your SD card.  Support told me it's not possible to send a 2K and a 4K.  Really, you've been sending 1080 to the cloud and 4k to the SD for a year now.  But the no notification on the plan changes might get them.  As for flash, both Microsoft and Google have said they are doing this allow flash thing because they don't believe sites are moving away from flash fast enough.  A bit of encouragement I guess.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

TomMac, Firefox may work with flash but if you have opted for the 2K or 4K plan, Edge is the only one I believe that will allow you to view your library without downloading.  

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

By the time this happens, we will be well into HTML 6, and HTML 5 wont be supported by anyone.. and we will start again.. Its a joke really.. Actually incompetence..

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@TomMac wrote:

You still have features available....

https://kb.arlo.com/000062162/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-Smart-1-year-trial-ends

You will have local record and viewing.

As to flash... move over to fire fox and flash works fine until the company switches over to html5

Chrome also works.

You just need to find the bit on Chrome that allows flash to run on my.arlo,com.

How to troubleshoot Arlo web client Flash errors when using Google Chrome

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Yes flash player works in Chrome but only after the allow flash and a re log in and then when you close

Chrome you then must do it again.  That is even in the link.  Both Microsoft and Google have said the allow flash is the way it will be until it ends with 2020 to encourage sites to switch now.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@LandJS wrote:

Yes flash player works in Chrome but only after the allow flash and a re log in and then when you close

Same as Firefox then.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

One thing to note is that after going to 2K or 4K you can only view in the edge browser as the others are not capable but you also no longer have to deal with flash, just click on the library clip to play.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation