Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra magnetic charging cable any updates on availability

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
justsecurity
Aspirant
Aspirant

A couple of posts in 2019 gave feedback that one magnetic charging cable as supplied in the base kit is unreasonable when you purchase extra cameras- I brought 5 cameras in total.  I want to plug them into power points continually so I need a charge cord for each camera.  I can't find any updated info on the web that magnetic charge cords in the same length as original one are readily available, and if so, at a fair price for the product.  I really hope this matter has been addressed since 2019.  If not, I am thinking of boxing my purchase back up and returning the cameras.  It was important to me to have the cameras wired with the battery as back-up.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@justsecurity wrote:

The short cable that did come is the length I need, about 1-2 meters.

That cable it not the same as the weatherproof one that is on the end of the outdoor charger. It seems to be OK if it isn't exposed to the elements, undercover for example. But I would not trust it in the driving rain.

There is nothing special about the power adapter. I used a standard USB adapter, but it was plugged into a weatherproof outdoor socket.

Don't forget the "knock off" kit makers. For something like a USB power cable it is hard to see how they can get it badly wrong.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://www.amazon.com/Arlo-Accessory-Resistant-Connector-Compatible/dp/B07KJVBHMP

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-ultra/ultra-accessories.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@justsecurity wrote:

I want to plug them into power points continually so I need a charge cord for each camera. 

Indoors or outdoors?

The outdoor chargers have a sealed magnetic connector that protects it from the elements.

There are various adapters and connectors that you can buy, depending on where you are.

Then there are the third party options.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
justsecurity
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.  I am in Melbourne Australia.  Camera will be outside and plugged through wall to power point inside.  I had seen the longer outdoor cable on Amazon yet it is too long to coil up in the  wall cavity space. Also looked like unable to get delivery with the companies on Amazon for several months.  When I brought the cameras I thought they would each come with a charger.  The short cable that did come is the length I need, about 1-2 meters.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@justsecurity wrote:

The short cable that did come is the length I need, about 1-2 meters.

That cable it not the same as the weatherproof one that is on the end of the outdoor charger. It seems to be OK if it isn't exposed to the elements, undercover for example. But I would not trust it in the driving rain.

There is nothing special about the power adapter. I used a standard USB adapter, but it was plugged into a weatherproof outdoor socket.

Don't forget the "knock off" kit makers. For something like a USB power cable it is hard to see how they can get it badly wrong.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation